Being busy isn’t an excuse for not spending time with your kids! You can still bond and connect even with a hectic schedule, just check out these 8 Easy Ways to Bond with Your Kids When You’re Busy.
Easy Ways to Bond with Your Kids When You’re Busy
It’s easy for life to get ahead of you with work and school and deadlines and extra-curricular activities and homework and… and… and… Life. You are pulled in a million directions and at the end of the day, it’s hard to process that you didn’t even get time to bond with your kids. When it comes to bonding with your kids, you just have to make time. And it’s possible even when you’re busy!
It doesn’t have to be extravagant gestures, just small ways to let your kids know that you love them and that they’re always on your mind, despite the busy schedules. Bonding is a natural thing that happens between parents and children, but like most of the good things in life, it takes work to maintain that bond. As your children grow, you have to make an extra effort to find ways to bond and connect with them. Spending time together is one thing, but there are also several other things you can do to bond with your kids, even when you’re busy.
Check out these easy ways to bond with your kids when you’re busy.
1. Hang out at bedtime: There’s something about the sweet spirit of a child when they are headed to bed. One of the best ways to bond with your kids when you are busy is to spend time with them at bed time. Help them get ready for bed and then spend time reading to them before they go to bed. You can also cuddle, talk, and bond, and it gives you both the opportunity to wind down from a busy day and connect at the same time.
2. Talk in the car: A lot of other things get your attention in the car, so why not your kids? It’s more than possible to bond in the car with your kids and still keep your eyes on the road. For starters, turn off the radio and put down your cell phone (that’s dangerous anyway!). You can easily talk to your kids as you drive. Talking and listening to your children is such a simple way to show them you love them.
3. Watch a movie together: When it comes to finding easy ways to bond with your kids when you’re busy, consider watching a movie together. Sometimes a night of just watching movies is all you both need to calm down from the crazy, and bond in a simple way.
4. Bond over dinner: Studies show that children who have regular meals together with their family at a table are more likely to thrive. And it’s also a great time to bond. Ask questions, get involved, and talk to your kids over dinner. You don’t need anything fancy to enjoy bonding with your children, even when you’re busy.
5. Find opportunities throughout the day: Sometimes you can’t plan to bond with your kids, it just needs to happen. Find opportunities throughout your day to bond with your kids. Maybe when they are cleaning their room, go in there and help. Perhaps your kids are doing their homework, get involved and ask and answer questions.
6. Send a note to school: Not all bonding experience have to be some incredible and unforgettable experience. You can easily send a note to your child, such as in their lunchbox each day, and they will feel a bond with you. Remember that a bond isn’t always something that happens instantly, it happens over time as well.
7. Do their favorite activity together: Many kids are involved in sports or extracurricular activities, which keeps them pretty busy. If you can’t find time to spend together, spend time doing their activity together. Go to their games together and spend time at their practices. Consider signing up to be the Team Mom, coach, or assistant coach. You have to be there anyway, so why not use the opportunity to be a little closer to your kids. Spending time with your kids whenever you can, is always a good thing.
8. Find a project to do together: Find a project that can be done together in small increments, that way you can work on it a little every time you both have a moment of free time. It doesn’t have to be a huge project. If you’re handy, you can fix something or build something. You can try to beat a tough video game together. Read a long book in chapters. Or even work on making a family photo book.
Bonding with your kids when you’re busy may seem like an impossible feat, but it’s not. Make time and effort whenever you can. Your kids are always going to remember that you tried to spend time with them as much as they can.
How do you bond with your kids when busy? I’d love to hear your expertise. Just leave your comments below!
Did you like these Easy Ways to Bond with Your Kids Even When You’re Busy ideas? Find more on my Parenting board on Pinterest!
If you liked these Easy Ways to Bond with Your Kids When You’re Busy ideas, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.