15 fun and easy Daddy Daughter Date Ideas to bond and connect with your daughter, as well as have a good time and make some memories!
Daddy Daughter Date Ideas
With life being as crazy and busy as it is all the time, it’s important that we make time and catch up with our kids. It’s often easier to identify with and hang out with a child of the same gender since you likely have a lot in common and relate well to their childhood experience. So as a follow up to my Mom and Son Date ideas, I wanted to give some thoughts on Daddy Daughter Date Ideas, especially with Father’s Day coming up so quickly!
Here are 15 Daddy Daughter Date Ideas that will give fathers and their little girls an opportunity to bond, spend time with each other, and connect.
15 Daddy Daughter Date Ideas
1. Go Shopping – It doesn’t have to be a huge expensive shopping trip. Just a simple outfit, pair of shoes, or piece of jewelry will make her day. Plus, you can spend some time getting to know her and what she likes. On a budget? Window shopping is just as fun and has the same bonding factor!
2. Build Something – Teach your daughter the basics of using simple tools like a hammer and screwdriver. Build something fun like a birdhouse for your garden. And if all else fails, she can paint your finished product.
3. Go on a Bike Ride – A bike ride is a great activity that can go in so many directions. It’s a great active choice that can allow you both to unwind and enjoy each other’s company as well the scenery.
4. Watch a Chick Flick – Okay, well it doesn’t have to be a chick flick, but let her choose the movie! Head to the theater and see a movie she’s been dying to see, or watch an old favorite at home.
5. Have a Dessert Date – There’s nothing better than spending time together, except spending time together over something yummy and sweet. Stop by an ice cream shop or your favorite restaurant to share a sweet treat.
6. Go on a Picnic – Pack up some sandwiches, and head to the park for a nice picnic lunch.
7. Take Her to a Ball – At home! Let her dress up in her prettiest princess-ware and escort her to the ball in your living room, complete with music and a dance party.
8. Go Fishing – A peaceful and serene setting to teach your daughter something new. Be prepared to hook the worms!
9. Grab some Breakfast – My husband’s favorite meal of the day is breakfast. And he’d have it for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner if I let him. So if this you too, a date night with your favorite little lady is the perfect way to satisfy your breakfast cravings. Pancakes, eggs, or even donuts!
10. Go Hiking – Get outside and explore! It doesn’t even have to be on a trail or in the woods. Take a walk around your neighborhood together, or through a nice park to burn off some energy and spend time together.
11. Have a Tea Party – I’m pretty sure it’s a “dad requirement” to have at least one tea party with his daughter. After all, my boys have been serving me “coffee parties” for years now. So break out those cute pink tea cups, grab some cookies, and make it a date!
12. Play Ball – Teach her to play your favorite sport. It’s fun to get active outside, and teaching her about one of your passions can provide a life-long bonding experience.
13. Take a Drive – Grab some drinks and snacks, and hop in the car for a little drive in the country. See some new sites, talk about new things, and enjoy the scenery and company.
14. Fly a Kite – If the weather is right, flying a kite can be the perfect way to get outside and enjoy the weather. See who can fly their kite the highest!
15. Get Cooking – Whip up your favorite dinner or treat together in the kitchen. It’s okay if neither of you are the best cooks. It’s the thought that counts! Plus you can always order a pizza if your cooking doesn’t turn out the way you wanted!
Did you like these Daddy Daughter Date Ideas? Find more on my Parenting board on Pinterest!
If you liked these Daddy Daughter Date Ideas, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.