This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BuffaloWingsAndRings #CollectiveBias
10 fun and easy Mom and Son Date Night Ideas to bond and connect with your son, as well as have a good time.
10 Mom and Son Date Night Ideas
Growing up in house full of girls, I was both very excited and very nervous when I found out my first two children were boys. My fears were all relieved after they arrived and I found myself with adorable, sweet, charming mama’s boys.
Even with how amazing my sweet boys are, we still run into some problems. As a girl who grew up in a house full of Barbies and dollhouses, I now find myself surrounded by trucks and balls and superheroes. Of course, that doesn’t stop me from trying to play with my little guys! I’ll be zooming around the house like the most awesome superhero on the planet, when my boys stop dead in their tracks to watch my madness. With an eye-roll, they exasperatedly inform me, “Mommy, you’re not doing it right.” So I’ve set out on a mission to find some fun and easy Mom and Son Date Night Ideas to connect with my sons, doing something they enjoy.
10 Mom and Son Date Night Ideas
1. Build a Rocket Ship. Or a boat, or my boys’ personal favorite, a giant bridge. Break out those Legos and blocks and build something really fun together.
2. Get active. Plan a night of miniature golf, bowling, or even bumper cars or go-karts.
4. Take a trip to the local fire station. Even though Mr. Gracious is a firefighter, our boys still can’t get enough of those bright, shiny, red fire trucks. You can stop by your local fire station, and ask the firefighters to give you a little tour. They might even let you climb up in the trucks!
5. Have a movie night. No chick flicks allowed! Pick out a fun adventure-packed movie perfect for your man-in-training. Complete the night with plenty of popcorn and ice cream sundaes.
6. Head to the zoo or aquarium. Have an adventure where he’s in charge at the zoo, park, or aquarium. Let him pick the exhibits, shows, and animals he wants to find and see.
7. Play a video game. Sure, we’re supposed to limit screen-time, but we can lift that rule for a night of mommy-son bonding, right?!
8. Go on a hunt. Grab some snacks and head out for a walk or hike in search of bugs! Our boys have an Adventure Bug Catcher Setthat is perfect for our bug hunts!
9. Get crafty. Plan a night of creativity with some DIY crafts that he’ll love! Bonus points if you whip out some actual tools. (Check these out for some boy-approved DIY inspiration: 34 Cool Crafts for Boys, 15 Ninja Turtle Crafts, 50 Superhero Crafts, and 15 Crafts for Boys.)
10. Plan a fun dinner date. Go to dinner with your boys at a fun, family-friendly restaurant, like Buffalo Wings & Rings. There’s nothing better for busy moms than finding an easy way to connect with her kids. Buffalo Wings and Rings gives you a low maintenance, no fuss dinner option, making it the perfect location for a Mommy-Son Date.
There’s no need to feel guilty over not serving your boys a fresh, home-cooked meal because the food at Buffalo Wings and Rings is fresh, not frozen, with a real chef in the kitchen to ensure delicious quality.
Your boys will, no doubt, enjoy the big screen televisions featuring all the big games. My boys chatted away about the soccer and baseball games, and I loved every minute of it.
With baseball season starting up, Buffalo Wings and Rings has a new ballpark themed menu, that is, quite frankly, fabulous. We couldn’t get enough of the Ballpark Pretzel Bites with queso dipping sauce! I opted for some traditional buffalo wings as well, and the boys dove right into their fun kid-sized pizzas.
We had so much fun, and we’ll definitely be making plans to head back to Buffalo Wings and Rings again. There wasn’t even any eye-rolling. I guess I finally did something right!
What’s your favorite way to spend time with your son?
Did you like these 10 Mom and Son Date Night ideas? Find more on my Parenting board on Pinterest!
If you liked these 10 Mom and Son Date Night Ideas you might also like:
Browse All Family Articles
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.