A classic buttery shortbread recipe cut into triangles and drizzled with chocolate and festive sprinkles makes this fun Chocolate Drizzled Shortbread cookies look like little Christmas trees.
Chocolate Drizzled Shortbread
Guysss. Time for a classic, all dressed up. I looove me some shortbread. So buttery and delicious. I always have to make it at least once during the holiday season. And, yeah, okay, sometimes it doesn’t make it to the dessert table on Christmas day… Everyone has their weaknesses right? Mine is shortbread.
To make your favorite treat holiday-pretty, try this Chocolate Drizzled Shortbread recipe. It’s a classic shortbread recipe cut into triangles, drizzled in chocolate with some fun, festive sprinkles, just because I can never resist adding sprinkles. They kind of look like Christmas trees, don’t they?
My one very important tip for these Chocolate Drizzled Shortbread cookies is that you score the dough before you put it in the oven. Cut them how you plan to cut them (like you’re cutting a pizza or pie) before you stick them in the oven, or they’ll crack and break when you try to do it after they’re already cooked.
Chocolate Drizzled Shortbread Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter quartered length-wise and cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract optional
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or shortening
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, and salt, and whisk together to combine.
- Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender or 2 knives.
- When pea-sized clumps begin to form, use fingers to rub the butter in until the mixture is dough-like.
- Add vanilla (and peppermint, if you're using it) and knead to incorporate.
- Form the dough into a ball, and place onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out dough to fit into a 9-inch pie or cake dish.
- Place the dough in a buttered 9-inch dish. Press the dough all the way out to the edges.
- Score the dough into 8 pieces (like a pie) and pierce the whole thing with a fork.
- Bake at 300° for 45 minutes until slightly golden.
- Set aside and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, cut shortbread along the scored lines you made before baking. Place on a piece of foil or wax paper. Set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate chips and oil. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until chocolate is melted.
- Transfer melted chocolate to a baggy. Drizzle over shortbread.
- Add festive sprinkles, and allow chocolate to harden.
- Store in a baggy or air tight container.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of the baggy, and drizzle
If you liked this Chocolate Drizzled Shortbread recipe, you might also like
See more Cookies Recipe
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.