White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread Cookies are a delicious combination of creamy white chocolate and sweet maraschino cherries, dipped in milk or dark chocolate.
White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread Cookies
If you’re looking for an amazingly yummy and super festive Christmas Cookies Recipe, then look no further! These White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread Cookies feature a delicious combination of creamy white chocolate and sweet maraschino cherries all wrapped in a classic shortbread cookies package and dipped in decadent milk or dark chocolate. White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread Cookies taste fantastic and they look pretty too! What’s not to love?!
White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread Cookies Recipe
Chocolate Cherry Shortbread Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold butter cut into small pats
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries drained and finely chopped
- 8 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Spread cherries on a paper towel to drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar.
- Add butter to flour and cut in with a pastry blender (a fork will do fine in a pinch), until mixture resembles fine crumbs. You shouldn't have any chunks larger than a pea.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until it is fully melted. Let it cool (but not harden) for about 5-10 minutes. You want it to be cool enough to not totally melt your butter, but warm enough that it's still pliable.
- Stir in chocolate, cherries, and almond extract.
- Knead dough until everything is fully combined, and a smooth ball is formed.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, and place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Using the bottom of a small drinking glass, flatten balls into small rounds. If you find that the cookies are sticking to the glass, dip the bottom of the glass into sugar before flattening each one.
- Bake in a 325° oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until centers are set. Allow to cool for at least one minute on the baking sheet before removing to cooling rack
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate and shortening in a small bowl in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until chocolate is full melted.
- Dip half of each cookie into the chocolate. Dip the edge in sprinkles, if desired. Place onto wax paper until chocolate hardens.
For more amazing Christmas Cookies Recipes, check out the rest of our recipes at our Week of Christmas Cookies main page.
If you liked this White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread Cookies Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.