There's nothing better than warm, soft, cinnamon Classic Snickerdoodles baking in the oven, especially around the holidays. Our family favorite recipe that we use every Christmas!
There's nothing quite like warm, soft, chewy Snickerdoodles, especially around Christmas. The sweet and spicy cinnamon-sugar is the very essence of the holidays. And to smell classic Snickerdoodles baking in the oven... Heaven.
We make Classic Snickerdoodles as part of our regularly scheduled Christmas baking every year. The kids enjoy doing the ball-rolling and dipping them in the cinnamon-sugar. For super festive Christmas Snickerdoodles, you can use substitute red colored sugar or green colored sugar instead of your plain old white sugar. But either way, these Classic Snickerdoodles will taste amazing.
Classic Snickerdoodles Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Mix flour, baking soda, cream or tartar, cinnamon, and salt, and add to sugar mixture. Mix well
- Chill dough for at least an hour.
- Mix together 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 4 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl.
- Shape dough into balls (I use a tablespoon to scoop it out to make sure the cookies are the same size). Roll into sugar mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for about 7 minutes, or until the edges are set.
Stay tuned the rest of this week for more amazing Christmas Cookies Recipes this week, and check out the rest of our recipes at our Week of Christmas Cookies main page.
If you liked this Classic Snickerdoodles recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.