Eggnog Muffins are made with real eggnog to give them a rich, moist texture and flavor with a crunchy streusel topping and a to-die-for eggnog glaze.
One of my favorite parts about the holiday season is eggnog! Smooth and creamy and festive. Even better if you can find a way to start the day with eggnog, like these Eggnog Muffins. Eggnog muffins are a perfect Christmas morning breakfast that can be made up to a week in advance and stored in a freezer bag until you're ready to eat. No more hustling to find a complicated Christmas morning breakfast!
Eggnog muffins are also a delicious way to use up any eggnog you have leftover from the holidays, if you have (... I usually do not...).
Eggnog muffins are actually made with eggnog, giving them a rich, moist, thick texture, topped with crunchy streusel, and to-die-for eggnog glaze.
Eggnog Muffins Recipe
For the Crumble
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
For the Glaze
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons eggnog
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Add liners to a 12-cup muffin baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, whisking between each addition.
- Add the eggnog, buttermilk, vanilla, and rum extract and whisk to combine.
- Make a well, or hole in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the well. Whisk until just combined.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tin, filling the cups about half way. Set aside.
- Prepare the crumble by mixing all of the crumble ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Stir with a fork to combine until nice sized crumbs form.
- Sprinkle on top of muffins in pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F then, keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 350°F. Bake for an additional 15-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- For the glaze, mix together all glaze ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over muffins before serving.
If you liked this Eggnog Muffins recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!