These fluffy and soft homemade Funfetti Pancakes are made from scratch with pretty and fun rainbow sprinkles, and topped with a sweet vanilla butter glaze that will make any morning a celebration!
Homemade Funfetti Pancakes
These fluffy, buttery homemade Funfetti Pancakes are made from scratch. No boxes or mixes. And it's so simple (and yummy!) that you really don't need any!
Soft, fluffy pancakes are packed with pretty rainbow sprinkles, and topped with a sweet vanilla butter glaze. These pancakes are truly worthy of a celebration!
Make them for every occasion or just to add some fun to the everyday. Top with vanilla butter glaze, a swirl of whipped cream, and more sprinkles.
What Kind of Sprinkles Should I Use?
Rainbow jimmies are the best sprinkles to use for funfetti pancakes. With other sprinkles, such as non-pareils, the color from the sprinkles run and turn your pancake batter streaky and funny looking.
If you want to make these for a special celebration, there are lots of jimmies sprinkles combos, like patriotic, solid colors, like green or blue, mermaid or unicorn varieties, and more. Here are some jimmies sprinkles on Amazon you can browse through for more ideas.
Can I Freeze Funfetti Pancakes?
Absolutely! These are a great freezer-friendly breakfast! To freeze, allow pancakes to come to room temperature after cooking. Transfer to a freezer bag or freezer container. Then freeze for up to 3-6 months (3 months for freezers attached to your fridge or up to 6 months in a deep freezer). If they last that long, which they absolutely wouldn't in my house!
More Pancake Recipes You'll Love
- Buttermilk Blueberry Pancakes - classic, moist and fluffy pancakes loaded with fresh (or frozen!) blueberries.
- Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Glaze - made from a box cake mix, these pancakes are easy and decadent and wouldn't be complete without the glaze.
- Chocolate Pancakes - chocolate for breakfast is pretty much the best ever. Make it possible with these chocolatey pancakes.
- Funfetti Pancake Poppers - smaller version of these already fun Funfetti pancakes, baked so that you can cook a lot of them quickly!
- Chive Ham and Cheese Pancake Sandwiches - a savory pancake loaded up with cheese and ham for a full hearty breakfast.
Funfetti Pancakes Video
Homemade Funfetti Pancakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup rainbow sprinkles plus more for topping
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Pancakes
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Make a well (or hole) in the middle of the mixture, and add eggs, milk, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Whisk until just combined.
- Fold in sprinkles.
- Allow batter to rest for 5 minutes.
- While batter is resting, heat a griddle or large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Ladle batter onto griddle, for 2-3 pancakes depending on size. Flip pancakes after bubbles begin rising to the surface and bottoms are golden brown, about 2-4 minutes.
- Cook the other side until lightly browned. Repeat for remaining batter.
For the glaze
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix all glaze ingredients just before serving. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle onto pancakes to serve.
- If you're not using a nonstick pan or griddle, use 1-2 tablespoons butter to prevent pancakes from sticking.
- For more uniform sized pancakes, use a ladle or cookie scoop to scoop batter.
- For soft, fluffy pancakes, don't over mix! Mix until ingredients are just combined. Lumps are okay!
- You may need to adjust the heat if your pancakes are taking a lot longer or shorter than the recommended 2-4 minutes per side. Simply raise or lower the heat to adjust, which may take some experimenting at first.
- Don't make the glaze until just ready to serve, as butter glazes tend to form a crust after sitting.
- For thinner glaze, add a tablespoon or 2 more milk.
- Storage: Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave covered by a damp paper towel or in the toaster
- Freezer: Allow pancakes to come to room temperature after cooking. Transfer to a freezer bag or freezer container. Then freeze for up to 3-6 months. Reheat in the microwave covered by a damp paper towel or in the toaster.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
What a fun stack of pancakes! They look amazing with that glaze, whipped cream, and the candle on top.
Agnieszka | Wholly Tasteful says
My son loves pancakes AND sprinkles so I made these for his birthday. They turned out perfectly!
How fun are these pancakes! I am going to make them with my kids at the weekend.
Sara Welch says
Such a fun and tasty way to enjoy pancakes! Enjoyed these for breakfast this morning as a special treat and the whole family loved them! Easily, a new favorite breakfast recipe!
Claudia Lamascolo says
The kids went nuts over these and now its the only way they like them briliant idea especially for the fussy ones we have!
WOW this stack of pancakes looks so inventive. My daughter loves anything with funfetti. She will be having these pancakes for her birthday and I know she will be surprised. Thanks!
I know my kids will go crazy for these pancakes! They look fun to make, a good recipe to make with my kids.
Renee | The Good Hearted Woman says
What a perfect way to surprise someone special! They look so festive and fun!
Jeff Albom says
What fun. My kids would love these. Great for sleepover parties.
Jamie Hilly says
These were really nice, made them for my husband’s birthday in the morning and they were just fluffy and amazing
Looks so yum, I know anyone that eats these will love them! Great idea!