Skip the store bought croutons and make this crunchy, buttery, and zesty Homemade Garlic Croutons recipe for the perfect delicious topping on your favorite salad!
Homemade Garlic Croutons
I have to admit I've never been a big fan of croutons. Mr. Gracious and I used to joke that buying and eating croutons was ridiculous because they're just stale bread! But what I think I needed was the right crouton recipe and some fresh Homemade Garlic Croutons to change my mind because I'm now a crouton-convert.
Homemade croutons are so so SO yummy and easy to make too. These make wonderful Caesar salad croutons, too, with just the right amount of zesty garlic, buttery goodness, and crunchy perfection.
Homemade Garlic Croutons Recipe
Homemade Garlic Croutons
- 6 (1-inch thick) slices French bread, cubed
- ½ cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- Chop garlic cloves. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt. Set aside to sit for about 10 minutes. After allowing garlic to sit, it should be tender enough to mash with a fork into a paste. Fully mash garlic.
- In a small microwave-safe mixing bowl, add mashed garlic, butter, and parsley. Microwave for about 45 seconds, until butter is fully melted.
- Once butter is melted, stir to incorporate all of the ingredients. Set aside.
- Place bread cubes on a large baking sheet.
- Pour butter mixture on top of bread cubes and toss or stir to fully coat.
- Sprinkle Parmesan on top.
- Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes
- Remove from oven when croutons are golden and crunchy. Allow to cool. Then store in a freezer bag or sealed container.
Did you like this Homemade Garlic Croutons recipe? Find more on my Salads & Side Dishes and In the Kitchen boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Homemade Garlic Croutons recipe, you might also like
Homemade Honey Mustard Dressing and Sauce
Homemade Ranch Dressing from Scratch
Homemade Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing
See More Homemade Staples and Cooking Tips
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
I've never made croutons before, but these look pretty easy! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Croutons are life! Thanks for supporting my habit!
Come over to my link party and share this with everyone
Hope to see you there!
These look so simple to make! I'm sure they can be eaten alone as a snack!
Easy Peasy Life Matters says
We love croutons and these sounds fabulous!! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Gloria @ Homemade & Yummy says
Your awesome post is featured in this week's linky party!
Be sure to share via your social media. I will also pin it to the board Friday Favorite Features....pop by my Pinterest site to have a look.
Thanks for linking up!!