Lemon Zucchini Bread recipe adds refreshing lemon to a classic zucchini bread recipe.
Lemon Zucchini Bread
Does anyone else love zucchini as much as I do?! It might be my favorite part of the summer! We have some zucchini plants in our garden and I'm (im)patiently waiting for them to start producing my delicious zucchini.
While we wait, I thought I'd share a delicious recipe for Lemon Zucchini Bread. The lemon in this zucchini bread makes it so refreshing and even more perfect for summer.
This recipe is also Freezer Friendly. When you're don baking the Lemon Zucchini Bread, allow to cool completely to room temperature. Then wrap and store in the freezer until you're ready to use.
Lemon Zucchini Bread Recipe
Lemon Zucchini Bread
- 2 ¼ cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest zest from about 2 lemons
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups zucchini finely grated
- In a large mixing bowl, add sugar and lemon zest. Combine by rubbing the sugar and lemon zest together with your fingers. When it's combined, you should have a fluffy, fragrant sugar.
- Add eggs, oil, and vanilla to the sugar mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon to the sugar mixture, and whisk again, until just combined.
- Gently fold in zucchini.
- Pour batter into two greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 325° for 40-60 minutes. Check done-ness by inserting a toothpick or fork. When it comes out clean, the zucchini bread is done.
- If freezing, let Lemon Zucchini Bread cool completely to room temperature. Then wrap and place in freezer until ready to use.
Did you like this Lemon Zucchini Bread recipe? Find more on my Desserts, Breakfast, and Summer Days boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Lemon Zucchini Bread Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
All that's Jas says
Love the lemon and zucchini combination! Now I'm craving this bread. Thanks for linking up with Thursday Favorite Things!
Cecilia MyThriftStoreAddiction says
This looks really good--can't wait to try it! Blessings, Cecilia
I LOVE zucchini bread and I'm salivating over the lemon combination! I can't wait to try it! Thanks!
Chloe Crabtree says
This sounds delicious, a little lemon would give my zucchini bread a brand new taste. I will try this one out for sure! I have pinned it to my 'bread' board on Pinterest. I would love it if you would stop by and share this at my new link party at: http://celebrateanddecorate.com/celebrate-it-sunday-link-party-3/