You won't believe how easy it is to make your own homemade, no churn, rich and creamy Mocha Espresso Ice Cream with simple ingredients! Perfect for coffee and ice cream lovers!
Mocha Espresso Ice Cream
Yeah! Warm, Summer weather, anyone? And you know what that means! Swimming, sun bathing, fresh air, and ice cream! Making your own ice cream can be a little intimidating, I know, but it's really not that hard. Especially this 5 ingredient, no churn Mocha Espresso Ice Cream recipe that's almost too good to share. The hardest part is waiting for it to freeze!
To make your own homemade, no churn, and no-ice-cream-maker-necessary Mocha Espresso Ice Cream, you'll need a can of sweetened condensed milk, espresso powder (or you can substitute fine granules of instant coffee), cocoa powder, vanilla, a pint of heavy whipping cream, and a pinch of salt. Simple ingredients, right? It's simple to whip up, too.
First, you'll want a glass or metal bowl or container that's big enough to hold at least 6 cups. I personally used one of my big Pyrex containers, which you can see and/or grab your own here on Amazon. Pop your big container in the freezer for now, and we'll come back for it later.
In a separate large mixing bowl, add sweetened condensed milk, espresso powder, cocoa powder, vanilla and a pinch of salt. Whisk to fully combine. Keep on stirring until everything is properly dissolved and mixed in, then set it aside.
Grab another large mixing bowl, and pour in the heavy whipping cream. Beat the cream with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer (or if you're really ambitious, I suppose you could use a whisk, too!). Beat the cream until stiff peaks form. You're basically making whipped cream without the sugar.
When your cream is the right consistency, scoop about a cup of it into the bowl with the sweetened condensed milk mixture in it. Carefully fold it in until it's combined. This process will lighten the sweetened condensed milk enough to fold in the rest of the whipping cream easily. Fold in the remaining whipped cream.
Grab your 6-ish cup container from the freezer and quickly transfer your mocha espresso ice cream mixture into the cold container. Place back in the freezer for 4-5 hours, until firm. Then you can just scoop and eat!
Top your Mocha Espresso Ice Cream with chocolate chips, fudge sauce, or whipped cream. You can even mix some mini chocolate chips into the ice cream if you like a little crunch in your ice cream. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Mocha Espresso Ice Cream Recipe
Mocha Espresso Ice Cream
- 1 can 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Place a 6-cup container in the freezer to chill.
- In a large bowl, mix to combine sweetened condensed milk, espresso powder, cocoa powder, and vanilla. Stir until espresso and cocoa powder are dissolved. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, use a hand mixer to whip the cream to stiff peaks, like you're making whipped cream.
- Fold about 1 cup of the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture, to lighten, then fold in the remaining whipped cream.
- Get the container from the freezer and quickly transfer the ice cream mixture into the container. Freeze for 4–5 hours, until firm.
- Then scoop, serve, and enjoy!
If you liked this Mocha Espresso Ice Cream recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.