Creamy Tomato Penne Pasta – Creamy parmesan tomato sauce with sauteed garlic and a hint of spicy smothering penne noodles for a quick, easy, and amazingly delicious dinner.
Creamy Tomato Penne Pasta
Pasta! Slip into delicious, creamy carb-overload with this fantastic Creamy Tomato Penne Pasta dish. It’s a great alternative to your traditional spaghetti or mostaccioli. This Creamy Tomato Penne Pasta has penne noodles covered in a creamy, cheesy, and a little bit spicy tomato sauce. This is one of my favorites. Creamy Tomato Penne Pasta is really simple and quick to pull together, but the results are amazing. I always have the ingredients stashed in my pantry in case I need a meal on the fly. This is also a terrific freezer meal. As always, I suggest you double the batch when you make it, and just freeze half of it for another night.
I would like to make one suggestion about the Alfredo sauce. I’ve noticed that many store-bought Alfredo sauces have a funky after taste. I found that the brand sold at Aldi does NOT have that weird taste. So if you have an Aldi near you, check there for the Alfredo sauce.
If you have small children or you don’t like spicy, consider cutting the amount of red pepper flakes in half.
Creamy Tomato Penne Pasta Recipe
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 jar of Alfredo sauce
- 1 24 oz jar of marinara sauce
- 16 oz box of penne pasta
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Boil penne according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Saute garlic and red pepper flakes in oil, until garlic just starts to brown. Probably no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Add marinara sauce to skillet first. Stir to combine. Then add the Alfredo, stirring until everything is fully incorporated. Bring to a simmer and cook until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Combine your noodles and sauce in a large bowl or pot.
- Serve warm. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.