Make these fun, easy, and festive Sparkle Pumpkin Cupcakes in just 4 simple steps for an adorable Fall and Halloween treat!
Sparkle Pumpkin Cupcakes
Every year it seems like my life gets a little more complicated. With bringing baked goods to school, in particular. All three of my kids’ birthdays are in the Fall, plus we have other events like Halloween parties for three kids in three separate classes, with Thanksgiving and Christmas following shortly behind. Needless to say, I get a little overwhelmed this time of year, and I may have switched over to box mixes for some of these events to save my sanity.
But being a big believer in “homemade,” I do feel a little guilty, so I decided to decorate my box cupcakes quickly and simply into these Sparkle Pumpkin Cupcakes. They’re super cute, super easy to make, and the everyone loved them!
Here’s how to make your own Sparkle Pumpkin Cupcakes:
First gather your supplies. You’ll Need:
- Your favorite cupcakes
- Enough frosting to cover them all
- Green Licorice (I used just plain green apple, but I just found these Caramel Apple Twizzlers that I’m totally using next time.)
- Orange Sugar
Directions for Sparkle Pumpkin Cupcakes:
1. Frost each cupcake with a generous amount of frosting, smoothing into a dome shape, as best you can. It doesn’t need to be perfect.
2. Pour orange sugar sprinkles into a small mixing bowl.
3. Gently roll the top of each cupcake in the orange sugar to full coat it. This should also help smooth out any bumps from smoothing in the first step. Set aside
4. Cute licorice into 1-inch pieces. Place one 1-inch piece on each cupcake as pumpkin stem.
And that’s it! Fun, easy, and festive cupcakes in just 4 simple steps!
If you liked these Sparkle Pumpkin Cupcakes, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.