Chewy, gooey Toffee Pretzel Cookies recipe with crunchy and sweet toffee bits and salty pretzel pieces for a salty-sweet flavor all inside a classic chewy cookie.
Toffee Pretzel Cookies
Okay, well I just said that I was going to try to wait for Christmas until after Thanksgiving so that I didn't get too distracted by it, but then I saw some Christmas squirrels (SQUIRREL!) and made Christmas cookies. Although this delicious pretzel chocolate dessert has toffee in it, so I think these Toffee Pretzel Cookies might classify as a Fall recipe too.
So let's get right down to it. These Toffee Pretzel Cookies are chewy and gooey like a delicious chocolate chip cookie, except they have sweet toffee bits and salty pretzels for a delightful salty-sweet flavor twist. They are sooo good. I mean, the only thing better than toffe chocolate caramel covered pretzels are when you put it in a warm, gooey, chewy cookie! We're bringing some more to our preschool Thanksgiving party next week because my kiddos loved them so much.
Toffee Pretzel Cookies Recipe
Toffee Pretzel Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 ½ cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Heath toffee bits
- 1 cups crushed pretzel pieces
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and beat with a mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- Add flour mixture and beat slowly until fully combined.
- Fold in toffee and pretzel pieces.Optional: Chill for 1-2 hours to enhance cookie flavor.Scoop about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough and drop onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone mat, making sure cookies are at least 2 inches apart
- Optional: Chill for 1-2 hours to enhance cookie flavor.* (See note below)
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough and drop onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone mat, making sure cookies are at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a 325°F oven for 12-13 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned. Middles will still look under-done. Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Freezer Directions
If you liked this Toffee Pretzel Cookies recipe, you might also like
Homemade Chocolate Toffee
See More Cookies Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.