Chewy, gooey Toffee Pretzel Cookies recipe with crunchy and sweet toffee bits and salty pretzel pieces for a salty-sweet flavor all inside a classic chewy cookie.
Toffee Pretzel Cookies
Okay, well I just said that I was going to try to wait for Christmas until after Thanksgiving so that I didn’t get too distracted by it, but then I saw some Christmas squirrels (SQUIRREL!) and made Christmas cookies. Although this delicious pretzel chocolate dessert has toffee in it, so I think these Toffee Pretzel Cookies might classify as a Fall recipe too.
So let’s get right down to it. These Toffee Pretzel Cookies are chewy and gooey like a delicious chocolate chip cookie, except they have sweet toffee bits and salty pretzels for a delightful salty-sweet flavor twist. They are sooo good. I mean, the only thing better than toffe chocolate caramel covered pretzels are when you put it in a warm, gooey, chewy cookie! We’re bringing some more to our preschool Thanksgiving party next week because my kiddos loved them so much.
Toffee Pretzel Cookies Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter not margarine
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 12 ounce package Heath toffee bits
- 2 cups crushed pretzel pieces
- First, mix flour and baking soda in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and shortening until creamy and well combined.
- Add sugar and vanilla and beat with a mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- Add flour mixture and beat slowly until fully combined.
- Fold in toffee bits and crushed pretzel pieces, and you're ready for baking!
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough and drop onto a lightly greased cookie sheet, making sure cookies are at least 2 inches apart
- Bake in a 350° oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned.
If you liked this Toffee Pretzel Cookies recipe, you might also like
Homemade Chocolate Toffee
See More Cookies Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.