Whether you use fresh or frozen vegetables, this Cheesy Vegetable Casserole recipe is perfect for potlucks and using up your favorite vegetables.
Cheesy Vegetable Casserole
Does anyone else hate tossing leftover veggies as much as I do? It feels like such a waste, especially if they were garden fresh veggies. Makes me sad. Which is why at the end of the week, you can usually find my fridge stocked full of leftover veggies and not a whole lot else. But I’ve got a much tastier and way less wasteful way of making those veggies disappear than throwing them away. This Cheesy Vegetable Casserole recipe that I wanted to share with you today.
Now, this dish is delicious if you make it a fresh vegetable casserole, following the exact recipe below. BUT it always works well with frozen vegetables and leftover vegetables, too. Plus it’s an easy potluck favorite. Can’t go wrong with a cheesy recipe for baked veggies! Feel free to sub in or out, any of your favorite vegetables in this recipe. You can add pretty much any vegetable your heart desires. And THAT, friends, is what I love most about this cheesy vegetarian recipe.
Cheesy Vegetable Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 1½ cups sliced carrots
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley (or 1 teaspoon dry)
- t tablespoon fresh minced basil (or 1 teaspoon dry)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 3 dashes hot sauce *Optional
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 15-20 butter crackers, crushed
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Steam carrots for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower and steam for an additional 5-7 minutes, until tender.
- Drain when done, and place in a 2 quart casserole dish along with zucchini, pepper, onion, garlic, parsley, and basil. Gently stir or toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add cream cheese, cheddar, and hot sauce. Whisk to combine.
- Add the cheese mixture to the casserole dish and stir to coat the vegetables. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add butter, crackers, and Parmesan and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle cracker mixture on top of cheesy vegetables. Top with additional parsley for garnish, if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes until vegetables are tender and heated through.
- Serve warm.
Did you like this Cheesy Vegetable Casserole Recipe? Find more on my Salads & Side Dishes board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Cheesy Vegetable Casserole Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.