Full of veggies and tangy teriyaki, this Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry recipe makes a delicious, quick and easy family dinner that’s healthy too!
Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
Oh, stir fry… It’s one of my favorites. Mr. Gracious and I will go to this amazing stir fry restaurant sometimes… like when we’re both home… and can find a sitter… and it’s a special occasion… So… Not often. But when we do go, I love it. I get the “all-you-can-eat” option and go to town, knowing it could be a year before I get back again.
And while I’m waiting to go back, I make this quick and easy (and way more cheap and convenient) Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry recipe at home. Still delicious. And healthy too! Delicious, easy, healthy, and cheap. There’s really just no reason NOT to make it.
This Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry recipe calls for lo mein noodles, which you can grab here on Amazon, if you can’t find them at the store. I’ve also used fettuccine in a pinch. Or if you want to go even healthier, skip the noodles and use bean sprouts or chopped bok choy or cabbage.
If you’re cooking for a big family and wondering how you’re going to not turn this into mushy stew, I have an answer to that because I’ve totally been there. Cook just your vegetables in a large pot. Dump them into a separate bowl or set them aside. Then do just the meat. Once everything is cooked (and not mushy!), combine it into the same pot, add the noodles, and the sauce and you’re ready to go. OR! You can grab this cheap jumbo wok and cook the food up like you normally would.
The beauty of this Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry recipe is that you can totally customize it to your family’s taste. Pick your favorite vegetables, add as much or as little spicy as you want (or as your kids will tolerate!) and have yourself a delicious dinner. Our favorite vegetables to include are bean sprouts, onions, broccoli, watercress, and sugar snap peas. Mr. Gracious likes bell peppers, so I’ll occasionally add a little of those. If you like spicy, add some jalapenos and some extra red pepper flakes.
What veggies will you add to your Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry?
Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces lo mein noodles, cooked to package instructions (I have substituted these for fettuccine or linguine with success)
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound (or more) additional chopped vegetables, such as broccoli, green onions, watercress bean sprouts, carrots, bell peppers or sugar snap peas.
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle teriyaki marinade or stir fry sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Add chicken to skillet with hot oil, and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add onions, garlic, and additional vegetables, and continue cooking for 2-5 more minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper flakes to taste. Stir to combine.
- Add noodles and stir to combine. Allow to cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Did you like this Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry recipe? Find more on my Dinner Ideas and Pasta boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.