Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup will be an instant classic at your home. A traditional soup that the family will love. Serve with warm crusty bread.
Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup
Broccoli Cheese Soup is such a classic, and now you can make it in your slow cooker with this Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe. I love that I can just throw the ingredients in the slow cooker and go about my day, and still have a warm delicious comfort food Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup by dinner time.
This Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe calls for 2 fresh broccoli crowns, but you can also use frozen broccoli florets. Just thaw and measure out about 5 cups.
For more Crockpot recipes all month long, be sure to check out the Crocktober Main Page!
Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- ⅔ cups butter, divided
- 1 large onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 5 cups broccoli florets (from 2 broccoli crowns)
- 2 carrots, shredded
- ⅓ cup flour
- 4 cups half and half
- 16 ounces sharp cheddar, freshly shredded
- 2 ounces Parmesan, freshly grated
- Turn slow cooker on to low.
- In a medium skillet, add ⅓ cup butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue cooking, until onion is tender and translucent.
- Transfer butter and onion mixture into the crockpot. Add chicken broth, broccoli, and carrots. Stir to combine. Cook on low for about 5 hours (or HIGH for 2-3 hours), until broccoli and carrots are tender.
- In a large sauce pan, melt remaining ⅓ cup butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until fully combined. Allow to cook for an additional 2 minutes until flour mixture is golden brown.
- Slowly pour in half-and-half, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Allow mixture to heat to steaming.
- When half-and-half mixture is hot (but not boiling), stir in cheeses until melted and combined.
- Remove cheese mixture from heat and pour into crockpot. Stir to combine.
- Turn crockpot to warm, and allow the mixture to heat through for about an hour.
- Serve warm, topped with additional shredded cheddar and a warm crusty bread.
Did you like this Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe? Find more on my Crockpot and Soups boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.