Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup will be an instant classic at your home. A traditional soup that the family will love. Serve with warm crusty bread.
Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup
Broccoli Cheese Soup is such a classic, and now you can make it in your slow cooker with this Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe. I love that I can just throw the ingredients in the slow cooker and go about my day, and still have a warm delicious comfort food Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup by dinner time.
This Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe calls for 2 fresh broccoli crowns, but you can also use frozen broccoli florets. Just thaw and measure out about 5 cups.
For more Crockpot recipes all month long, be sure to check out the Crocktober Main Page!
Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- 2/3 cups butter divided
- 1 large onion
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 5 cups broccoli florets from 2 broccoli crowns
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 cups half and half
- 16 ounces sharp cheddar freshly shredded
- 2 ounces Parmesan freshly grated
- Turn slow cooker on to low.
- In a medium skillet, add 1/3 cup butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue cooking, until onion is tender and translucent.
- Transfer butter and onion mixture into the crockpot. Add chicken broth, broccoli, and carrots. Stir to combine. Cook on low for about 5 hours (or HIGH for 2-3 hours), until broccoli and carrots are tender.
- In a large sauce pan, melt remaining 1/3 cup butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until fully combined. Allow to cook for an additional 2 minutes until flour mixture is golden brown.
- Slowly pour in half-and-half, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Allow mixture to heat to steaming.
- When half-and-half mixture is hot (but not boiling), stir in cheeses until melted and combined.
- Remove cheese mixture from heat and pour into crockpot. Stir to combine.
- Turn crockpot to warm, and allow the mixture to heat through for about an hour.
- Serve warm, topped with additional shredded cheddar and a warm crusty bread.
If you liked this Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.