Quick and easy Pizza Sloppy Joes recipe is saucy and cheesy with everything you love about pizza and can be made in just 30 minutes for a simple family dinner!
Pizza Sloppy Joes
Pizza! I’m not sure what’s up with my obsession with my pizza obsession lately. My parents are probably rolling their eyes so hard whenever they see me sharing a pizza inspired recipe because when I was little I used to lay on the floor and have a tantrum when we had pizza for dinner. Apparently my palate has become more refined with age… ?
Anyway my hatred has been replaced with (there’s a thin line there, you know). And now I love to indulge and cheesy, saucy goodness like in this ridiculously simple but ridiculously yummy Pizza Sloppy Joes recipe with all the fixin’s. Ground beef with pizza sauce, pepperoni, and lots of gooey cheese. It will absolutely be a hit at family dinner and you can make it in just 30 minutes!
Plus you can dress it up with all your favorite pizza toppings. Peppers, onions, mushrooms, olives… Or you can sub in some other meats like half Italian sausage with the ground beef. My current favorite pizza is pepperoni and bacon. It is soooo good. Add a few strips of chopped bacon in with the ground beef when you cook it. There are just so many options! Now my tummy’s growling…
What are your favorite pizza toppings? Tell me in the comments!
Pizza Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (2.5 ounce) package pepperoni slices
- 1.5-2 cups shredded mozzarella (plus additional cheese for topping)
- Hamburger buns for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef with onion until no longer pink. Drain.
- Return ground beef to skillet.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and pepperoni, and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 10-15 minutes to allow flavors to mesh.
- Stir in shredded cheese. Continue stirring until cheese is melted and gooey.
- Serve immediately on hamburger buns with additional, if desired.
If you liked this Pizza Sloppy Joes Recipe, you might also like
Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Dog Sloppy Joes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.