30 Cheap and Fun Date Ideas for couples. Ideas for everyone, from the adventurous to the home-body, even when you're on a budget!
Cheap and Fun Date Ideas for Couples
Looking for awesome date night ideas to spend with your significant other? There's something for everyone here, from romantic or adventurous date night ideas to frugal and fun date night ideas.
Romantic and Fun Date Ideas for Couples
1. Recreate your first date. Rekindle your romance by going back to where it all began. Go to the same restaurant, or rent your first movie together. Reliving your first date will bring those butterflies back all over again.
2. Go to brunch. Brunch dates are really symbolic of couples, aren't they? It's also a nice change in scenery (and time of day) from your traditional dinner date.
3. Spend the night by the fireplace. Make some snacks, grab some snuggly blankets, and cozy up for the night by the fireplace where you'll have plenty of time to talk and laugh together. If you don't have a fireplace, big comfy chairs work too. Just don't be tempted to flip on the television!
4. Cook a romantic meal together. Studies show that couples who cook together, stay together. It creates an environment for teamwork, good communication, and fun. So tie on your aprons and get cookin'!
5. Watch the sunset. Yes, it's cliche and maybe a little cheesy too, but it's a cliche for a reason! Watching something beautiful like the sunset releases endorphins in your body, and if you're doing it with the one you love most, you're bound to feel all lovey-dovey inside.
6. Go on a picnic. Pack a basket full of treats, grab a blanket, and head out. A spontaneous picnic and a sunny day make for a perfect fun date idea. If you're in the middle of the cold months, you can still have a picnic, right on your living room floor! It's fun to switch it up from your ordinary lunch or dinner routine!
Try Something New on Date Night
7. Take a class together. Taking a class to learn something new will bring new interest into your relationship and conversation.
8. Go to an exhibit. Head to an aquarium, art exhibit, or museum that you've never been to before.
9. Learn to dance. Dancing will bring you up close and personal with your significant other. If you're too shy about your dancing skills (or lack thereof) to go to a dance class, rent or buy a dancing video and try it out at home. Even if you're not very good, you're bound to have lots of giggles.
10. Try a new restaurant. If you're not a true adventurous type, you can still switch things up! Start off easy by just getting out of the same ol', and trying a new restaurant.
Fun Date Ideas for Couples
11. Go to a pet store. No need to take a pet home, but have fun together looking at those cute baby animals.
12. Head to a drive-in movie. A slight deviation from your traditional dinner and movie night, get a blast from the past at a drive-in movie. You can go to driveinmovie.com to find a location near you.
13. Go camping. Just you and your hunny against the world, getting some alone time in a rustic setting. If you're not the outdoors-y type, you can go faux-camping. Pitch a tent in your living room and hop in for a close-quartered, romantic setting.
14. See a concert. Go see your (or his) favorite band live. It's an exciting way to spend time together and make some lasting memories.
15. Have couples' playtime. Couples who play together, stay together! Do an activity together that's typically reserved for a younger crowd, such as bowling, mini-golf, or hitting the batting cages.
16. Go to an amusement park. Seek some thrills together at an amusement park. Or just go there to overdose on junk food and people watching. It's a win either way!
17. Go skating. Head to a skating rink for a fun and silly date night (at least it would be for me, as I'm not the most coordinated person you'll meet). Indoor skating rinks are typically open year-round. Consider heading to an outdoor ice skating arena on a snowy day for a beautiful and romantic setting.
18. Cheer on your favorite sports team. Don yourselves in your team's colors and root for the home team! You can watch the game at home, or get dressed and head to a restaurant with lots of big televisions. Even better, get tickets to watch the game live.
19. Visit an orchard. Get out into nature and pack your fridge with delicious fruits at the same time. Orchards are a beautiful setting for a productive date night.
Cheap Date Ideas for Couples
20. Wander the bookstore. Take a night to browse through your local bookstore, no need to make a purchase. You might learn some new things about each other, and you never know what awesome book you might stumble upon.
21. Have a video game night. Find a game for at least two players, and have a fun night at home playing together.
22. Take a drive. This is one of my favorites. We like to drive out into the country and window shop for our dream house. You can go anywhere, just see where the road takes you.
23. Pull out the board games. Bring some good-spirited competition into your relationship by pulling out some board games for a game night.
24. Visit a music store. Listen to some music or test out an instrument (only if the store allows!). Maybe one of you has a hidden talent!
25. Have a sundae night. Gather all the supplies for some delicious ice cream sundaes, a tasty treat for a night in.
26. Go thrift shopping. Hit up your local thrift store to see if you can scrounge up a really great deal on something for your home. You can even have a contest to see who finds the coolest stuff.
27. Create a "surprise dinner." Each of you gets $10 to head to the grocery store to hunt for items to make a dinner. Come home and cook together. I bet you'll turn out with a random and fun dinner!
28. Watch a scary movie. Stay in for movie night at home, starring a scary movie. Lots of snuggling necessary.
29. Go hiking. Get out of the house and go for a walk or a hike. The exercise will help you both relax, and it's a great opportunity for conversation.
30. Work on a puzzle. Work as a team on a difficult puzzle. You'll both feel accomplished and proud when you finish at the end of the night.
Did you like these Cheap and Fun Date Ideas for Couples? Find more on my Love & Marriage board on Pinterest!
If you liked these 30 Cheap and Fun Date Ideas for Couples you might also like
How to Make Your Husband a Priority
How My Sons Helped Me Understand My Husband
See More Marriage Tips and Articles
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
These are great ideas! We love to do a movie night, go mini golfing, and even play board games. I love the creativity and spending time doesn't always have to mean spending money! Thank you for linking up at Snickerdoodle. Hope to see you next week!
I am pinning this! I always draw a blank when my husband and I want to have a date. Seems like eating out is always the first choice, though I don't even like to eat out.
All that's Jas says
My husband and I love to drive around too. I'm also blessed that he loves shopping with me (although sometimes I just want to do it by myself, lol) Great ideas...it really takes just a little effort. Thanks for sharing at Thursday Favorite Things, hope to see you again!