No need to be intimidated by making biscuits with this quick and easy 5 Ingredient Biscuits with just five simple ingredients for flaky delicious biscuits!
5 Ingredient BiscuitsJump to Recipe
With Fall officially here, and Thanksgiving quickly approaching, I wanted to share this super simple 5 Ingredient Biscuits recipe because everyone needs a go-to biscuits recipe! I typically think of warm cozy biscuits as a cold weather food and a perfect side dish on Thanksgiving, but of course they’re great all year long, even during the Summer for picnics, which is why it’s so important to have a good recipe that you know you can always turn to, like this one.
Some people are intimidated by making biscuits and turn to pre-made refrigerated ones, which are fine, but you just can’t beat flaky, homemade biscuits. And I wanted to come up with and share a biscuit recipe that isn’t intimidating and is simple enough for everyone to follow.
The most difficult part of this 5 ingredient biscuits recipe is cutting shortening into the flour, and that’s mostly only because not everyone has a pastry blender. A pastry blender is really easy to find, and incredibly useful to have around (I use mine for most non-yeast breads, pie crust, even some muffins and cupcakes!). You can grab one here on Amazon. You can also get a similar cutting effect using a fork or 2 knives. You can even pulse it in a food processor until pea-sized clumps form.
To cut biscuits into circles, you can use these biscuit cutters, if you’d like. But, honestly, I just use a drinking glass most of the time.
Try these 5 ingredient Biscuits in this Biscuits and Gravy Casserole!
5 Ingredient Biscuits Recipe
5 Ingredient Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add shortening and cut in with a pastry blender until clumps are the size of peas.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour milk into the well.
- Gently mix in milk with a fork until just combined.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface to about 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut biscuits into 2-1/2" rounds.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through and lightly golden.
Did you like this 5 Ingredient Biscuits Recipe? Find more on my Side Dishes board on Pinterest!
If you liked this 5 Ingredient Biscuits recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.