Quick and easy Black Bean Enchilada Casserole is a perfect easy family dinner recipe with simple ingredients and all your favorite enchilada flavors in a baked casserole.
Black Bean Enchilada CasseroleJump to Recipe
I love enchiladas. Well, actually I love all Mexican food, but enchiladas fit the bill, don’t they. And with three busy kids and a husband who also has a crazy work schedule, I also love easy family dinners. In the case of enchiladas, this means that I don’t always have time for all of the stuffing and rolling. Enter this Black Bean Enchilada Casserole.
Black Bean Enchilada Casserole has all of the flavors of your favorite enchiladas with none of the rolling and stuffing. So good and so easy to make in just 30 minutes! Family dinner win! Plus, it’s vegetarian (aka perfect for Meatless Monday), and that means it’s super easy on the wallet. The ingredients in this recipe may seem simple, but they pack a punch for a truly delicious dish. Tell me how you liked it in the comments. And post pictures of your recipes on Instagram with #TheGraciousWife !
Black Bean Enchilada Casserole Recipe
- 4 15 ounce cans black beans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium sweet onion thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 4 ounce cans diced green chiles
- 3 cups shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese divided
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 28 ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 12 6-inch tortillas
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place onions and cumin in the skillet with the butter and saute until tender and translucent, about 2-4 minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, place, black beans, sour cream, green chiles, 2 cups cheese, cilantro, and sautéed onions. Stir until fully combined.
- Pour 1/3 of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9”x13” baking dish. Then layer 1/3 of of the bean mixture, and layer 1/3 of the tortillas flat on top. Repeat the layers twice more each, topping with the remaining cup shredded cheese.
- Bake in a 350° oven for about 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly and dish is cooked through.
- Serve warm with Mexican rice and additional toppings such as hot sauce, pico de gallo, or sour cream.
Did you like this Black Bean Enchilada Casserole recipe? Find more on my Dinner Ideas board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Black Bean Enchilada casserole recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.