Breakfast Quesadillas Recipe - eggs, bacon, green onions, and cheese between two toasty tortillas with delicious toppings such as sour cream, pico de gallo, or guacamole.
Breakfast is kind of a meal that gets pushed under the rug at our house. I'm not a morning person, and neither is Mr. Gracious so many mornings we find ourselves reaching for the nearest, easiest item for breakfast. This also often results in a breakfast rut, stuck on the same food for breakfast over and over again.
I recently fell into one of these ruts again, but this time I decided to take action before we fell too deeply into our yucky breakfast cycle. I came up with this simple breakfast quesadillas recipe. Breakfast Quesadillas are easy enough that a non-morning person like myself can handle it, and they're super tasty! I loaded mine up with lots of fresh pico de gallo, and the kids loved dipping theirs in sour cream and guacamole. Of course, breakfast quesadillas are also delicious by themselves. We're just everything-is-better-with-sauce kind of people.
Here's a tip for cooking lots of bacon faster if you'll be making this for a family - Heat your oven to 400°. Place the bacon flat on a baking sheet and pop it in the oven for a few minutes until it reaches the desired crispiness. It makes frying up some bacon a total breeze.
So here's my super easy and tasty Breakfast Quesadillas recipe!
Breakfast Quesadillas Recipe
For each breakfast quesadilla:
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- pinch of sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to rtillas
- 2 strips of bacon cooked and cut in half
- ½ cup shredded cheese divided
- 1 tablespoon green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
Optional Toppings Ideas
- pico de gallo sour cream, guacamole, salsa, taco sauce
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, salt, and pepper until well combined and bubbly.
- In a small lightly greased skillet, cook the eggs like you would an omelette, trying to keep the eggs in a solid circular shape. When eggs are solid and no longer runny, remove eggs from heat.
- Lay out tortillas flat and layer ingredients as follows: tortilla, ¼ cup cheese, eggs, bacon, green onions, remaining cheese, and the other tortilla.
- In a small skillet (I used the same one that I cooked the eggs in), melt the butter.
- Add quesadilla to skillet and for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden and a bit crispy.
- Serve warm, cut into 4 triangles, with toppings and sauces such as guacamole, salsa or pico de gallo, sour cream, or taco sauce.
Did you like this Breakfast Quesadillas recipe? Find more on my Breakfast and Main Dishes boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Breakfast Quesadillas Recipe you might also like:
See More Mexican-Inspired Recipes
See More Breakfast Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Oh these look so yummy, I will have to try these at some point! - Tasha
Kristina & Millie says
ohhh delish! leave out the onion and I am all over this breakfast! what a brilliant idea! we make breakfast wraps all the time but never even thought to make a breakfast quesadilla! No I am slapping myself on the head and thinking why not!?!?! all the yummy cheesiness I have been missing out on! This is what's for breakfast! Thanks for linking with Snickerdoodle Sunday!
This sounds good. I had my first chicken quesadillas a couple of years ago. They are awesome.
That looks absolutely delicious!!
Amanda @ The Chunky Chef says
These. Are. GENIUS! I'm not a huge morning person either, but these, now these, I would gladly get up and make! Thank you for sharing with Friday Favorites, we love having you join us 😀
Excited to feature you on A Little Bird Told Me Link Party!
Thank you so much!
Jennifer Dawn says
Wow! What a breakfast! These look so good!
This looks super delicious.