Homemade Caramel Macchiato Ice Pops that are perfect for summer. Just as good as iced coffee or your favorite caramel macchiato drink, these popsicles are cool, creamy, and refreshing!
Caramel Macchiato Ice Pops
As a mom with three young kids, coffee is pretty much how I survive. Like, lots of it. It’s a staple in my everyday life (and my busy firefighter husband’s too!). It’s also part of all of our get-togethers for birthdays, holidays, you name it. My husband’s family are huge coffee drinkers. Nothing is better than a delicious cup of coffee to keep the day going. When we’re done eating, they’ll brew up a big pot of coffee to share with everyone, and we’ll all sit around chatting while the kids play. That’s why I’m super excited to partner with Dunkin’ Donuts today to share a yummy summer recipe using their new flavored coffee creamers.
Dunkin’ Donuts Extra Extra Coffee Creamers are made with real cream and real sugar, and believe me, you can really taste the difference. It is so smooth, rich, and creamy. My favorite is one of the new flavors, the Dunkin’ Donuts Caramel Extra Extra Coffee Creamer. It. Is. Amazing. And I’m totally picky about coffee creamer.
Dunkin' Donuts Extra Extra Coffee Creamer isn't just good for coffee. It's amazing in recipes too. We use it in lots of recipes, and just swap it out for the milk or cream. My husband is the king of pancake-making at our house, and he always makes his homemade pancake batter using the vanilla creamer. It adds extra creaminess, and a pop of vanilla flavor to make his pancakes better than most regular cakes!
I like using it in frosting recipes, like a classic American vanilla buttercream. Instead of the two tablespoons of cream, I use Dunkin’ Donuts Vanilla Extra Extra Coffee Creamer. It makes the frosting creamier, plus I like the extra vanilla flavor it adds. You could try it with the Dunkin’ Donuts Caramel Extra Extra Coffee Creamer with a dash of salt for a simple salted caramel buttercream, too!
Another way we add some extra deliciousness to an everyday recipe is by turning classic boxed cornbread into a super quick cake. Just pour some canned apple pie filling into a 9”x9” pan. Prepare the cornbread mix per the instructions BUT substitute the milk with Dunkin’ Donuts Extra Extra Coffee Creamer. Vanilla or caramel both work for this recipe. I’m partial to the caramel with the apple filling. Because caramel apples… Mmmm.
But today, since we’re in the middle of the hottest part of summer, I wanted to share a simple and quick recipe to take your coffee to the next level of amazing with these Caramel Macchiato Ice Pops. That’s right. Iced coffee on a stick. While my kids are busy munching on rainbow pops or sticky watermelon, I love to help myself to one of these creamy, tasty treats, inspired by one of my favorite drinks, and made amazing by Dunkin’ Donuts Caramel Extra Extra Coffee Creamer.
Caramel Macchiato Ice Pops are pretty easy to make with just a few ingredients, but it did take me a couple tries to get the freeze timing right. So. If you want your coffee and creamer to be super swirled together, almost mixed entirely, freeze the coffee mixture for 2 hours before topping it off with Dunkin’ Donuts Caramel Extra Extra Coffee Creamer and giving it a final freeze.
If you want your ice pops to just be a little swirly, freeze the coffee for 3 hours first, or if you want solid lines to separate, freeze the coffee for 4 hours before adding the creamer on top. I personally like the happy medium, but all three ways, ultimately turn out delicious.
Let’s get started because the faster we get them in the freezer, the faster we can eat them!
Caramel Macchiato Ice Pops Recipe
Caramel Macchiato Ice Pops
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee
- ¼ cup sugar or preferred sweetener (optional)
- 1 cup Dunkin Donuts Caramel Extra Extra Creamer, divided
- Popsicle sticks, ice pop mold (for 12 ice pops)
- Brew two strong cups of coffee.
- Stir in ¼ cup sugar, if desired, as well as ¼ cup Dunkin’ Donuts Caramel Extra Extra Coffee Creamer. Place coffee in refrigerator until chilled to slightly cooler than room temp.
- When coffee is cold, pour evenly into each mold. Each mold should be about half full.
- Freeze for 2-4 hours.
- Remove from freezer. Fill the remainder of the molds up with Dunkin’ Donuts Caramel Extra Extra Coffee Creamer (about 2 tablespoons each). Leave about ¼-inch at the top of each ice pop so that it doesn’t freeze to the lid.
- Place lid on mold. Insert a stick into each mold. Freeze until solid, about 4-6 hours or overnight.
- To remove Caramel Macchiato Ice Pops from mold, fill a sink or large bowl with warm (not hot!) water, just a little bit shorter than your mold. Dip your ice pop mold in for about 30 seconds until ice pops loosen. Remove from molds.
- To store, place in resealable plastic baggies, and put back in the freezer until ready to eat!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Dunkin' Donuts. The opinions and text are all mine.