Creamy and cheesy Chicken Tortilla Chowder will warm you up and is so easy to make in just 30 minutes! Top with crushed tortilla chips and serve with warm crusty bread!
Chicken Tortilla ChowderJump to Recipe
This recipe has a fun little nostalgic back story, so I’m going to share it with you. Seven years ago (this week, actually!) my first little bundle of mischievous joy was born. My aunt came by to meet him and brought food as people often do when babies are born. It’s probably one of the most useful things you can do for new parents, in fact. Unless you can somehow make babies nap longer or sleep through the night from day one. Then please bring that magic instead.
Anyway, my aunt brought a soup, and since it was chilly and Fall and I didn’t it was much appreciated before I ever even tasted it. But after I did taste it, I HAD to have the recipe. Because it’s amazing. Like really really good. It’s like a creamy cheesy chicken tortilla soup. And, it’s just a fact, that everything is better if it’s creamy and cheesy.
So my aunt emailed me the recipe. I was expecting it to be pretty elaborate because most of the time YUM + Lots of flavor = LOTS OF WORK. But it wasn’t! This Chicken Tortilla Chowder is SO EASY! I couldn’t believe it when I read it!!
You can literally make this Chicken Tortilla Chowder in 30 minutes, for a warm, toasty amazing dinner! Top it with some crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, and fresh cilantro or pico de gallo and serve with a warm, buttery, crusty bread. And now I have to go. As I was sitting here typing with cold finger tips, I suddenly realized what I wanted for dinner! Yummmm…..
Chicken Tortilla Chowder Recipe
Chicken Tortilla Chowder
- 2 10 ounce cans cream of potato soup
- 2 10 ounce cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 10 ounce cans Mexi corn (Or 1 can corn drained, one can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained)
- 2 cups chopped or shredded chicken
- 1 4 ounce can green chiles
- 3 large flour tortillas cut into strips 1/2-inch x 2-inches
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all cans of soups, milk, and chicken broth to a large stockpot. Heat to steaming over medium heat.
- Add corn, chicken, and chiles, to soup mixture and stir to combine.
- Add tortilla strips and stir to incorporate.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add cheese and stir until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm topped with crushed tortilla strips, pico de gallo, or with a warm piece of crusty bread.
If you liked this Chicken Tortilla Chowder Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
There was an error submitting your subscription. Please try again.