Classic Country French Toast recipe with simple ingredients is quick and easy to whip up and makes a perfect, yummy breakfast. Top with butter, maple syrup, whipped cream, or berries.
Country French Toast
I'm all about simplicity in the mornings. I'm not a morning person to begin with, and most days it's all I can do to drag myself out of bed to make coffee. So add cooking an elaborate breakfast to that short, but often excruciating, to-do list? No, thanks. I won't even begin to pretend that that's going to happen. I'll reserve casseroles and the like for brinner or a potluck. Or maybe a special holiday. Maybe.
Anyway. There are a couple things that I am willing to whip up on your average morning. Cereal, Pop Tarts, toast. If I'm feeling super fancy I'll make eggs and bacon, or pancakes, and this quick and easy Country French Toast recipe makes the list, too.
This classic Country French Toast is a family favorite, and I love it because it's so easy to make and so yummy to eat. Adding a pinch of sugar to scrambled eggs (or the beaten eggs in this recipe) is a family tradition that keeps the eggs a little bit more fluffy.
Top this Country French Toast recipe with your favorite toppings. Butter and maple syrup, if you're a traditionalist, or have some fun with peanut butter, Nutella, whipped cream, and berries.
Country French Toast Recipe
Cinnamon French Toast
- 8 slices Texas toast or other thick sliced bread
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (Or honey or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Butter for cooking
- In a flat-bottomed pie plate or baking dish, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar, and salt. Set aside
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet or on a griddle over medium heat.
- Place bread slices, one or two at a time, into the egg mixture and flip to make sure both sides of bread are well-coated.
- Place coated bread slices in skillet or on griddle and cook on medium heat until golden brown on each side, about 3-4 minutes. Repeat for remaining bread, adding more butter as necessary.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in 200°F oven until ready to serve, but no longer than about 30 minutes.
- Freezer Directions:
Did you like this Country French Toast Recipe? Find more on my Breakfast board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Country French Toast Recipe, you might also like
See More Breakfast Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.