Classic Country French Toast recipe with simple ingredients is quick and easy to whip up and makes a perfect, yummy breakfast. Top with butter, maple syrup, whipped cream, or berries.
Country French Toast
I'm all about simplicity in the mornings. I'm not a morning person to begin with, and most days it's all I can do to drag myself out of bed to make coffee. So add cooking an elaborate breakfast to that short, but often excruciating, to-do list? No, thanks. I won't even begin to pretend that that's going to happen. I'll reserve casseroles and the like for brinner or a potluck. Or maybe a special holiday. Maybe.
Anyway. There are a couple things that I am willing to whip up on your average morning. Cereal, Pop Tarts, toast. If I'm feeling super fancy I'll make eggs and bacon, or pancakes, and this quick and easy Country French Toast recipe makes the list, too.
This classic Country French Toast is a family favorite, and I love it because it's so easy to make and so yummy to eat. Adding a pinch of sugar to scrambled eggs (or the beaten eggs in this recipe) is a family tradition that keeps the eggs a little bit more fluffy.
Top this Country French Toast recipe with your favorite toppings. Butter and maple syrup, if you're a traditionalist, or have some fun with peanut butter, Nutella, whipped cream, and berries.
Country French Toast Recipe
Country French Toast
- 8 slices Texas toast or other thick sliced bread
- 4 large eggs
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat a medium skillet or griddle over medium-low heat.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter to the skillet or griddle and allow to melt.
- While butter is melting, dip bread in the egg mixture, covering both sides.
- Place dipped bread onto skillet with butter and fry on each side until golden and cooked through, usually about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Repeat the dipping and frying for each bread slice
- Serve warm topped with your favorite toppings such as butter, maple syrup, berries or whipped cream.
Did you like this Country French Toast Recipe? Find more on my Breakfast board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Country French Toast Recipe, you might also like
See More Breakfast Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.