Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
why its awesome
Oh, man. I love this super simple Crock Pot Easy Barbecue Pulled Pork recipe. There’s literally just nothing to it. It couldn’t be easier if we tried. I have another slow cooker pulled pork recipe, that I worked on especially for Mr. Gracious. His family is southern, and they like their meat vinegar-y and spicy. So this Slow Cooker Southern Pulled Pork recipe fulfills all of those requirements. But if you’re more of a Midwesterner barbecue eater, like my family, you’ll love this simple, sweet and tangy Crock Pot Barbecue Pulled Pork.
It’s one of those “throw the ingredients in the slow cooker and don’t think about it again until dinner time” recipes that everyone loves. Just remember buns for serving, and a big helping of cool, sweet coleslaw to finish off the meal.
What Cut of Pork Should I Use?
Butt or shoulder
How to Serve Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
on buns, salad, baked potato, always with coleslaw
How to Make Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Place pork roast, barbecue sauce, and apple cider vinegar in the slow cooker. Season top of roast with salt and pepper Cook on Low for 8-10 hours, until pork is cooked through.
Remove pork from the slow cooker. Shred with a fork or mixer. Return pork to the slow cooker with the sauce. Stir to combine. Serve warm on buns with slaw.
More Easy Pork Recipes You’ll Love
- Crockpot Pork Roast – a simple juicy roast cooked in the slow cooker.
- Bacon Swiss Pork Chops – juicy pork chops, topped with bacon and cheese. Keto friendly!
- One Pot Creamy Ham and Tortellini – Salty ham, sweet peas, and tender tortellini in a creamy sauce, all in one pot!
- Grilled Barbecue Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches – tender pieces of barbecue pork, cooked on the grill, and piled high on a delicious sandwich.
- Creamy Sausage Pasta – sausage and tender pasta in a creamy, cheesy tomato sauce.
Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- 4 pounds pork butt or shoulder
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce (about 15-18 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Place pork roast, barbecue sauce, and apple cider vinegar in the slow cooker.
- Season top of roast with salt and pepper
- Cook on Low for 8-10 hours, until pork is cooked through.
- Remove pork from the slow cooker. Shred with a fork or mixer.
- Return pork to the slow cooker with the sauce. Stir to combine.
- Serve warm on buns with slaw.
- Want to make it plain? Just season with salt and pepper and omit the barbecue sauce. You can add 1/2-1 cup water or broth for more moisture.
- Cook it low and slow. Pulled pork is most tender and juicy if you cook it on low for a longer time (rather than cooking it at higher temps for shorter times). The pork tenderizes as it cooks, and juices are released.
- If you have an extra minute, brown the outside of the pork in a large skillet before cooking in the slow cooker. It’ll add a little extra flavor.
- Reheating Instructions: You can reheat your pork quickly in the microwave in a microwave-safe dish.
- Storage: Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Freezer Directions: To freeze, allow to come to room temperature. Then transfer to a freezer bag or container. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, and follow reheating instructions.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Super easy, 3 ingredient Crock Pot Barbecue Pulled Pork is the perfect hands-off dinner for a busy day that everyone will love! Just grab buns at dinner time and you’re ready to go!
Crock Pot Easy Barbecue Pulled Pork