Tender, juicy Crockpot Pork Roast with added zing from soy sauce and red wine vinegar is a perfect low maintenance dinner for family and company. Pair it with your classic mashed potatoes and veggies for a cozy meal.
Crockpot Pork Roast
Everyone needs a classic go-to roast recipe, so today I wanted to share my Crockpot Pork Roast recipe. Roasts are perfect for company because they're low maintenance and pretty hard to mess up.
This Crockpot Pork Roast stays super tender because of all of the gravy that it's cooked in. The vinegar and soy sauce give this Crockpot Pork Roast a little extra zing, which I love. Adjust the hot sauce to your liking. I just put in the 1 teaspoon because my three kiddos are adamantly opposed to all things spicy (We're working on that one, for sure!)
This Crockpot Pork Roast recipe also called for boneless pork loin roast. I have been known to sub it for pork butt, because I can usually get a giant 30 pound one for $20 if I watch for sales (which I then cut into 4-5 smaller portions and freeze). The pork butt is obviously a little bit more fatty, but the fat also keeps it quite a bit more moist and tender, so I'm okay with the trade-off and it's something to consider if you're on a budget.
For more Crockpot recipes all month long, be sure to check out our Crocktober Main Page!
Crockpot Pork Roast Recipe
Crockpot Pork Roast
- 2-3 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cups hot water
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- In the slow cooker, place the water, sugar, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, and hot sauce. Stir to combine.
- Season pork roast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and add to water mixture in the Crockpot.
- Add chopped onions to the Crockpot around the roast.
- Cook on Low for 6-8 hours, flipping roast over half-way through, until roast is cooked through.
- Serve warm with classic potatoes and steamed veggies.
If you liked this Crockpot Pork Roast recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.