Juicy pork chops topped with bacon and cheese. This 5 ingredient Bacon Swiss Pork Chops recipe is quick, easy, low carb, and an instant family favorite!
Bacon Swiss Pork Chops
Bacon Swiss Pork Chops are amazing because it’s a lot of bang for the effort! It is SO good and SO easy. Just 5 ingredients, to make these juicy, flavorful pork chops.
The bacon and oil brush keep the chops nice and juicy, and the cheese… Well, cheese makes everything better.
This recipe is also low carb and keto.
What Kind of Pork Chops Should I Use?
I typically use thick cut (1 to 1.5 inch) center-cut bone-in pork chops. I like them the best, and I find they’re the easiest to keep juicy.
Bone-in meat is typically juicier, and the thickness makes it less temperamental with cook time.
If you do decide to get a different cut of pork chops, I still recommend getting thick and bone-in, as these two factors will really keep the juiciness in your meat.
How Long to Cook Pork Chops in the Oven
As you might guess, different size pork chops need different amounts of time to cook.
At 425°F, which is the temperature I use for this recipe, a 1-inch thick chop will need about 12-15 minutes, and a half-inch chop will only need 6-7 minutes. If your pork chop is thicker than one inch, you will need to cook it for about 17-20 minutes.
The key to getting the perfectly cooked pork chops is about making sure the internal temperature is correct. Your pork chop is ready to come out of the oven when a thermometer stuck in the middle reads 145°.
Rest for 3 minutes after removing from the oven, and the temperature will continue to rise a few degrees.
Can I Use a Different Cheese?
Yes, take your pick!
I’m not normally a Swiss cheese fan, but it was really good in this recipe. Even my picky children agreed. (Although they did warn me that if you tried to pick it off and eat it by itself it was not as good. 😂 Swiss cheese must be with a bite of pork chop and bacon!)
Of course, you can swap it out if you’d rather. Provolone, Parmesan, or sharp cheddar would all be excellent. The key is to have a little bit of bitterness in the cheese to offset the saltiness in the pork. It makes it really amazing.
What to Serve with Bacon Swiss Pork Chops?
We like to keep it simple and serve with mashed potatoes and a vegetable. Some vegetable ideas are steamed broccoli, a green salad, green beans and shallots, or sauteed zucchini and squash.
If you’re on a keto or low carb diet, double up on the veggies or replace mashed potatoes with mashed cauliflower or riced cauliflower.
How to Make Bacon Swiss Pork Chops
Season pork chops with salt and pepper (photo 1). Set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, combine olive oil and minced garlic (photo 2). Brush oil and garlic over pork chops with a pastry brush (photo 3). Place 3 half strips of bacon on each pork chop (photo 4).
Bake at 425° for about 12-15 minutes, or until fully cooked (internal temperature reads 145°F).
Remove pork chops from the oven and sprinkle cheese on immediately to melt (photos 5 and 6). If cheese doesn’t melt fully, place back in the oven for a minute or two until melted. Let rest for 3 minutes before serving.
More Low Carb Dinner Recipes You’ll Love
- Cheesy Italian Pork Chops – another favorite pork chop recipe seasoned with Italian seasoning and topped with gooey mozzarella
- Pesto Chicken Kabobs – juicy chicken and bright tomatoes with pesto brushed on top.
- Baked Caprese Chicken – baked chicken breast topped with basil, fresh tomato, and gooey mozzarella.
- Parmesan Garlic Herb Salmon – salmon topped with Parmesan, garlic, and fresh herbs, and baked in the oven.
- Buffalo Stuffed Chicken Breasts – an easy baked version of an appetizer favorite.
Bacon Swiss Pork Chops
- 6 bone-in pork chops
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-4 garlic cloves minced
- 9 bacon strips uncooked, cut in half
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine olive oil and minced garlic.
- Brush oil and garlic over pork chops with a pastry brush.
- Place 3 half strips of bacon on each pork chop.
- Bake at 425° for about 12-15 minutes, or until fully cooked (internal temperature reads 145°F).
- Remove pork chops from the oven and sprinkle cheese on immediately to melt. Let rest for 3 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free and is also keto and low carb friendly.
- Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. We have and love this one.
- If cheese doesn’t melt fully, place back in the oven for a minute or two until melted.
- Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
UPDATE INFO: This recipe was originally published in February 2017. It has been updated with video and detailed instructions and republished in January 2020.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!