No-fuss, 4 ingredient Pesto Chicken Kabobs make a quick, easy, and healthy dinner. Earthy, nutty pesto, fresh and bright cherry tomatoes, and juicy chicken are perfect for summer grilling!
Pesto Chicken Kabobs
Pesto Chicken Kabobs with earthy, nutty pesto and bright grilled tomatoes are the perfect easy and healthy summer grilling recipe with just 4 simple ingredients!
It makes a quick and easy weeknight meal and is even great for meal prepping.
WARNING! You do need to marinate this for an hour before cooking.
I hate breaking out a recipe ready to cook, and then finding out I should’ve started muuuch earlier. So, fair warning. I even used caps….
These pesto chicken kabobs use a super easy marinade to give them extra flavor. The marinade is just Italian dressing. I prefer to use Kraft or Aldi brand zesty Italian dressing. I like all the garlicky goodness it brings with the flavor, but feel free to use your own favorite.
Can Pesto Chicken Kabobs be Cooked in the Oven?
Yes, they can!
These can be baked on a baking sheet, on or off skewers, at 425° for about 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. The only will difference will be that you won’t get that classic grill char.
How Many Kabobs Per Person?
I usually plan to make one chicken breast per person. One chicken breast will usually yield about two (2) kabobs.
All that to say, you will probably make about 2 kabobs per person.
What to Serve with Pesto Chicken Kabobs
The easiest way to serve these is with a big fresh salad. We like to use fresh baby spinach, topped with mini marinated mozzarella balls and red vinaigrette, croutons optional.
For pasta without the carbs, we love these creamy avocado zoodles.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Caprese Bites – perfect summer app to munch on while grilling!
- Creamy Bacon Shrimp Bruschetta Bites – be careful! These are addictive!
- Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken – an easy southwest inspired grilling recipe!
- Baked Caprese Chicken – simple and healthy, but so delicious!
- Breaded Chicken with Tomatoes – if you love the chicken and tomato combo, you’ll love this breaded version too!
Pesto Chicken Kabobs
- 4 chicken breasts (about 1-1.5 pounds) cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place in a large baggie with Italian dressing. Seal baggie and place in the refrigerator. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator.
- Slide chicken onto skewers, alternating pieces of chicken with cherry tomatoes, until ingredients are used up.
- Brush kabobs with pesto using a pastry brush or rub on using clean hands.
- Place on a hot grill over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes. Flip. Continue cooking for an additional 5-7 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Can I substitute the chicken breast for a different cut? Yes! Substitute chicken breast for chicken tenderloin or boneless chicken thighs. You can even use boneless pork chops, if you’d rather.
- To get the marinade to really soak into the chicken, poke it with a fork first in multiple places. This will help the chicken tenderize, while adding extra flavor.
- To keep skewers from lighting on fire on the grill, soak them in water while the chicken marinates.
- No skewers? No problem! To grill without skewers, simply prepare your ingredients as instructed in steps 1-4 of the recipe. Then wrap chicken and tomatoes in a foil packet, and follow the cooking instructions in step 5.
- Baking instructions: To bake your pesto chicken kabobs, prepare them using the recipe steps 1-4. You can choose to use skewers or bake them without. Place chicken and tomatoes on a baking sheet. Then bake at 425°F for about 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!