No-fuss, 4 ingredient Pesto Chicken Kabobs just scream summer, made with basil pesto and fresh cherry or grape tomatoes and juicy chicken. Makes a super quick and easy healthy dinner that’s perfect for summer grilling!
Pesto Chicken Kabobs
School is officially out for us! Yay! No more crazy school mornings or lunch packing until August, and lots of fun in the sun planned for the Summer! I also like to stay out of the kitchen as much as possible during the summer. Less time in the kitchen means more time in the sun. And it also means some yummy grilling recipes. This Pesto Chicken Kabobs recipe is one I came up with last year during my pesto obsession. The tomatoes in this recipe provide some much needed tangy, zesty flavor to the strong, earthy taste of the pesto. Even my normally-won’t-touch-tomatoes-child professed his love of the tomatoes in this recipe. (These are the ONLY tomatoes I’ll ever eat!… That counts, right?)
Pesto Chicken Kabobs feature just four very simple ingredients, but it packs big delicious juicy flavor. WARNING! You do need to marinate this for an hour before cooking. I hate breaking out a recipe ready to cook, and then finding out I should’ve started muuuch earlier. So, fair warning. I even used caps…. The marinade is just Italian dressing. I prefer to use Kraft or Aldi brand zesty Italian dressing. I like all the garlicky goodness it brings with the flavor, but feel free to use your own favorite.
Also, if you’re using wood skewers, I recommend soaking them in a shallow dish of water (or in the sink) while the chicken is marinating. Being wet will help them not catch on fire in the grill. And then that’s it. You can go about your merry way until you’re ready to throw the chicken and tomatoes on the skewers, brush them with pesto, and grill them up! So simple right?!
Pesto Chicken Kabobs Recipe
Pesto Chicken Kabobs
- 4 chicken breasts (about 1.5 pounds) cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place in a large baggie with Italian dressing. Seal baggie and place in the refrigerator. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator.
- Slide chicken onto skewers, alternating pieces of chicken with cherry tomatoes, until ingredients are used up.
- Brush kabobs with pesto using a pastry brush or rub on using clean hands.
- Place on a hot grill over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes. Flip. Continue cooking for an additional 5-7 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Did you like this Pesto Chicken Kabobs Recipe? Find more on my Dinner Ideas board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Pesto Chicken Kabobs recipe, you might also like
Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.