Classic Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip is oven-baked with freshly cooked spinach, artichokes, and tons of gooey, melted cheese. This timeless dip is made with simple ingredients and is a hit at every party!
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
This hot Spinach Artichoke Dip is rich, creamy, and cheesy, brimming with chopped artichokes, swirls of spinach, and gooey melted cheese and baked in the oven to golden, bubbly perfection.
This oven-baked version is incredibly easy to make (you can even make it ahead!) with simple ingredients. Spinach artichoke dip is comforting enough for game day and elegant enough for a dinner party. It's a timeless party favorite that will never get old and is the perfect appetizer for any event!
How to Keep Spinach Artichoke Dip from Getting Watery
The trick to keeping spinach artichoke dip from getting watery is to make sure your ingredients are dry before adding. The recipe will tell you to squeeze the excess moisture from the spinach. You can also pat the artichoke dry after chopping.
Can I Use Frozen Spinach Instead of Fresh?
Absolutely! To use frozen spinach, you need 5 ounces frozen spinach. Thaw and squeeze dry. Use as directed in the recipe.
Can I Make it in the Slow Cooker?
Yes, you can. Prepare the spinach, and then add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Cook on high for 2 hours, or low for 3-4 hours. Dip is done when cheese is completely melted and bubbling. Stir well before serving.
Can I Make it Ahead of Time?
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip can definitely be made ahead of time!
The easiest way to do this is to prepare the entire recipe, but stop before baking. Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve, up to 2 days. Then bake at 350°F for 35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly (the extra 10 minutes here will account for the dish and dip being cold from the refrigerator).
What to Serve with Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
My favorite thing to serve with Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip is baguette pieces or crostini.
To make crostini, slice up baguette into ½-inch slices. Place the rounds on a baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil. Bake in 400°F oven until the bread just starts to get a nice golden brown.
You can also serve with
- Garlic bread
- Butter crackers
- Tortilla chips
- Pretzels or pretzel chips
- Soft baked pretzels
More Warm Dip Recipes You'll Love
- Crab Rangoon Dip - a simple baked dip that tastes just like rangoons from your favorite Chinese restaurant.
- Jalapeno Popper Dip - cheesy, creamy, spicy and loaded with bacon!
- Philly Cheesesteak Dip - this dip has tender ribeye, onions, and bell peppers all in a creamy baked dip.
- Texas Trash Dip - quick and easy game day favorite with beans, cream cheese, chiles, and lots of gooey melted cheese
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip - so easy to make this fan favorite dip right in the crockpot. Cream cheese dip with chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch and lots of melted cheese.
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip Video
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 5 ounces fresh spinach chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup mayo
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 4-5 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place spinach in a colander. Pour water over spinach to welt. Drain, chop, and place on a paper towel to dry.
- Place cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in garlic powder and pepper.
- Squeeze spinach to drain out any remaining moisture. Then add to cream cheese mixture.
- Add artichoke, green onions, half the Parmesan cheese, and half the mozzarella cheese and fold in until incorporated.
- Transfer to a 9-inch skillet or square pan (or 2 quart dish). Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350°F.
- Spinach - You can also use 5 ounces frozen spinach. Thaw and squeeze out moisture before use.
- Artichoke - You can use marinated or unmarinated. I usually use marinated as it adds a little extra flavor.
- Garlic - This recipe calls for garlic powder instead of fresh garlic because since the recipe is so quick, it helps the flavor meld better into the dip using the powder.
- Make Ahead - Prepare dip according to recipe instructions. Before baking, cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 2 days. When ready, uncover and bake according to recipe instructions, adding an extra 10 minutes to account for the cold dish.
- Storage - Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 5 days. Reheat leftovers in individual portions in the microwave.
- Freezing - Please note that freezing may slightly alter the texture. To freeze, prepare the dip according to recipe instructions. Before baking, cover tightly and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Uncover and bake according to recipe instructions, adding an extra 10 minutes to account for the cold dish.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Oh wow, this dip looks amazing. Total comfort food too. I can't wait to try it.
Beth Sachs says
You had me at gooey melted cheese. This hot dip sounds fabulous. Can't wait to try it.
This was really delicious. I think it will be a great appetizer for the upcoming holidays, too.
The flavors in this dip are spot on and it's so creamy and cheesy. So good I wanted to skip dinner and just eat bread and this dip!
This is delicious! My favorite go-to party dip! It’s really simple and turned out delicious every time. Thanks for sharing!
Lynn Polito says
This is so good! My family loves it while we watch football!
CHARLES A LEWIS says
Not only will my kids love your Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip for the Holidays but my buds will also love it for the Super Bowl! Thanks!
Not only will my family like this for the Holidays but my buds and I will really like it for the Super Bowl!! Thanks
Oooh, you had me at tons of gooey, melted cheese. This dip looks like a great option for the upcoming holidays.
The best appetizer! You can find me licking the bowl clean!
Sara Welch says
This is my kind of comfort food! So creamy, hearty and delicious; looking forward to serving this again for Thanksgiving!