This Manloaf is the best meatloaf recipe, and one of our family favorites. It’s a hearty, meaty, dressed-up meatloaf that the man in your life will love.
Manloaf – The Best Meatloaf Recipe
Right around the time Mr. Gracious and I started dating, I found a recipe in Glamour Magazine for Manloaf. This recipe was said to make men fall in love. Given that Mr. Gracious had already professed his love for meatloaf, I was convinced this recipe would win him over completely and he’d get down on one knee right there.
Unfortunately, the recipe didn’t turn out for me that first time I made it (Apparently you can’t substitute the same amount of dried ground spices for fresh spices. Who knew?!) But, thankfully I’ve won him over anyway, and now have an awesome meatloaf recipe that he and my boys all enjoy. This Manloaf recipe calls for fresh herbs, but I’ll throw in the dried herb conversions for you so you don’t have a similar mishap to me and Mr. Gracious.
Manloaf is another great freezer meal. Just wrap in plastic wrap after all the ingredients are combined (stop at step 4) and freeze. When you’re ready to use it, thaw and continue following the directions starting at the next step (5).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 of a large onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped (or 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme chopped (or 1 teaspoon ground thyme)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onions and garlic until onions are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and thyme and saute for an additional 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine beef, eggs, bread crumbs, ketchup, Worcestershire, pepper, and cooled veggies.
- Put mixture into a lined loaf pan, and coat with extra ketchup, if desired.
- Cook for 60-90 minutes in a 350°, until firm.
- Drain excess grease, and let your meatloaf set for 5 minutes before slicing.
Did you like this Manloaf recipe? Find more on my Main Dishes board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Manloaf Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.