These Mini Heart Pies are an easy Valentine's Day treat. Heart-shaped pies filled with preserves or apple butter make an adorable treat for your sweetheart.
Mini Heart Pies
If you're looking for a really easy Valentine's Day treat recipe idea that still looks super impressive, you've come to the right place. My original idea was to fill little heart shaped pie crusts with strawberry preserves. Strawberries for Valentine's Day, right? Well then Mr. Gracious suggested apple butter on the inside, and I just couldn't resist. It sounded so tasty. Like a ridiculously easy apple pie! So I ended up making both, and they both turned out pretty delicious.
You can fill these with whatever filling you'd like. I suggested strawberry preserves and apple butter, but you can really fill it with any type of jam or preserve.
You can use frozen pie crust, if you'd like, but I have a simple 3-ingredient pie crust recipe that turns out flaky and delicious every time if you want to try your hand at making your own.
New to the pie-making scene? Here are some helpful Pie Making Resources to make sure all your pies come out perfect and delicious!
- Easy No Fail Pie Crust Recipe - this easy pie crust recipe comes out perfect Every. Time. It's my grandma's recipe, and it's never failed me yet!
- Rolling Out Pie Crust Tutorial - If rolling out your own homemade pie crust makes you nervous, stop right now! This easy step-by-step tutorial will tell you exactly what to do for a perfect pie crust!
- Pretty Ways to Finish Pie Crust Edges - There are so many ways to finish pie crust once you're done rolling it out to make a truly special pie. Try some of these easy and fun ones this year!
- Must Have Pie Making Supplies - If you love pies, you need these tools so you can make them all the time at home!
Mini Heart Pies Recipe
Mini Heart Pies
- one batch of pie crust for a double crust pie See my recipe for Easy No-Fail Pie Crust for a great one!
- 1 cup jam preserves, or apple butter
- Roll out half the pie crust on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out 10 -12 hearts using a large heart-shaped cookie cutter. (Mine was about 5" x 4") If you don't have enough dough, you may have to gather the scraps and roll them out again.
- Transfer each heart to a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Spoon 1-1.5 tablespoons filling onto each heart.
- Roll out the other half of the pie crust on a lightly floured surface, and again cut out 10-12 more hearts.
- Place a second heart on top of each one with filling. Score the edges with a fork to seal.
- Place in a 375° oven for 15-30 minutes. The baking time will vary depending on your filling. My apple butter mini pies were done in about 18 minutes, but my strawberry preserve mini pies took almost 30 minutes. You'll know they're done because the crust will be golden brown. If you take them out and the crust looks translucent, they're not done yet. Bake for another 5 minutes and check again.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve warm.
If you liked this Mini Heart Pies recipe, you might also like:
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.