Creamy tropical Pineapple Fluff whips up in minutes to create a dreamy cool pineapple dessert that’s sweet, tart, fluffy, and creamy in every bite.
Pineapple Fluff is a cool and creamy dessert that takes just a few minutes to whip up. The hardest part is waiting for it to chill!
It has a pineapple and pudding base, with whipped topping for extra fluffiness, and bites of marshmallows, pecans, and maraschino cherries. Its tropical flavors make it great for Spring and summer gatherings like BBQ’s.
Pineapple fluff also pairs nicely with ham, so remember to make it for Easter too!
What is Fluff?
Typically, fluff is a chilled dessert with a pudding base, often with marshmallows and whipped cream or whipped topping mixed in. These ingredients combined create a light, airy, “fluffy” texture.
Depending on the recipe, different flavors of puddings and different mix-ins, such as fresh fruits, nuts, etc., are added for flavoring.
How to Serve Pineapple Fluff
Pineapple fluff is extremely versatile and is great for any occasion, summer or winter. You can certainly serve it in a big bowl with a spoon, as is.
Some more creative serving suggestions include:
- on angel food cake
- topped with pecans, toasted coconut, or pretzels
- in a pineapple boat (half of a pineapple hollowed out, then fill like a bowl)
- as a dip with fresh fruit, graham crackers, and vanilla wafer cookies.
More Fluff-Type Recipes You’ll Love
- Snickers Caramel Apple Salad – packed with sweet caramel, gooey candy bar pieces, and crisp tart apples.
- Watergate Salad – a unique mixture of ingredients that you would never think would work, but actually taste amazing.
- Ambrosia Salad – a creamy, sweet, and tangy dessert salad with whipped cream, oranges, pineapple, maraschino cherries, and coconut.
- Berry Cheesecake Salad – a creamy, tangy marshmallow salad with fresh berries.
- 1 can crushed pineapple (20 ounces)
- 1 box vanilla instant pudding (3.4 ounces)
- 1 container whipped topping (8 ounces)
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cup crushed pecans
- ¼ cup maraschino cherries halved and patted dry
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pineapple and pudding mix. Stir to combine, and set aside for 5 minutes to set.
- Once set, fold in whipped topping, marshmallows, pecans, and cherries.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours, or until chilled.
- Be sure to get pineapple in juice. The syrup will be very sweet and there’s already a lot of sweetness in this fluff.
- You can substitute the whipped topping for 1-1.5 cups homemade whipped cream, if you’d prefer.
- Add 1/2 cup shredded coconut for a pina colada flavor.
- Storage: Store covered in the refrigerator. Pineapple Fluff is best when made fresh and served within 3 days.
- Make Ahead: This Pineapple Fluff can (and should!) be made ahead. It’s best to let it chill for at least 2 hours, so making it the morning or night before will work perfectly.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!