Quick, easy and absolutely addictive, these delicious Ranch Oyster Crackers make the perfect snack! Packed with buttery flavor and just 5 ingredients, make them for Christmas, parties, or just for yourself!
Ranch Oyster Crackers
Ranch oyster crackers are tossed in butter, herbs, and spices then baked to perfection for a ridiculously delicious and easy bite.
They're a classic snack recipe (at least around here), probably because they are SO good and SO easy to make. You can make them with 5 ingredients, most of which you probably already have in your pantry!
Plus, if you're on a budget or in a hurry, they also make a really great appetizer for holidays and parties.
Ranch Oyster Crackers Variations
This recipe is totally delicious as is. However, if you're looking for a little something extra, you can try some of these flavors.
- Parmesan. Sprinkle about ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese over crackers before baking for some cheesy goodness.
- Make it spicy! Add ⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne (a little goes a LONG way!) and 1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes to make your crackers hot and spicy.
- Cajun Seasoning will add a bit of spice and very unique flavor. You can add 1 tablespoon in addition to the ranch seasoning or use about 2 tablespoons to replace the ranch.
- Nutritional Yeast. Add a couple tablespoons nutritional yeast for that salty, cheesy flavor without the cheese!
Can I Make Ranch Oyster Crackers Without Baking Them?
Yes! Just follow the recipe instructions to prepare the crackers. Then instead of baking, spread oyster crackers evenly over 1-2 baking sheets, and air-dry at room temperature for 3 to 4 hours.
Give it a little shake or stir every hour or so to help crackers dry evenly.
How to Make Ranch Oyster Crackers in the Slow Cooker
Since Ranch Oyster Crackers are traditionally baked at low heat in the oven, you can do the same thing in the slow cooker!
The slow cooker version is not necessarily faster or easier, but it does free up your oven for other baking.
To make ranch oyster crackers in the slow cooker, combine all ingredients in your slow cooker, and toss to fully coat crackers. Then cook on LOW for about an hour. Spread on a baking sheet or paper towels to cool before serving.
More Snack Recipes You'll Love
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels - a salty and sweet combination with butter and cinnamon sugar baked onto pretzels.
- Stovetop Popcorn - quick, easy, and healthy! The best way to eat popcorn!
- Oven Baked Caramel Corn - homemade and super easy! Makes a great holiday snack or holiday gift!
- Ranch Cheddar Beer Dip - a simple but super flavorful dip you won't be able to stop eating!
- Greek Nachos - pita chips, hummus, whipped feta,... What more could you ask for?!
Ranch Oyster Crackers
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ cup butter melted
- 5 cups oyster crackers (about 10 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a small bowl, combine Ranch seasoning, parsley, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Lay oyster crackers out on a lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle melted butter over crackers and toss to coat.
- Evenly pour seasoning mix over crackers, and toss again to coat.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven, and add salt to taste. Allow to cool before serving.
- Check the post above for slow cooker and no bake directions!
- To eliminate greasiness, allow to cool on paper towels.
- If you're sensitive to salt, get a low sodium seasoning packet or make your own!
- Make your own ranch seasoning with this recipe: 4 teaspoons powdered buttermilk, 1-½ teaspoons dried parsley, ½ teaspoon dried dill weed, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon dried onion flakes, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, ¼ teaspoon dried chives, ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!