Have your cake and drink it too with this delightful and decadent homemade Red Velvet Coffee Creamer recipe. Like cake in a cup!
Homemade Red Velvet Coffee Creamer
I’m obsessed with red velvet. Absolutely. I’m very thankful that there are actually 2! holidays that you can sneak red velvet in for, and that one of them (ahem!… Valentine’s Day is just ONE MONTH away!) is right around the corner. It gives me an excuse to make (more of ) this Homemade Red Velvet Coffee Creamer.
To me, this Red Velvet Creamer makes your coffee taste a little like mocha. Except… Redder. And Velvetier (pronounced Velvety-er. Yes, that’s a word now.) Super delicious, like a cake in a cup!
Homemade Red Velvet Coffee Creamer Recipe
Red Velvet Coffee Creamer
- 1½ cup cream or half-and-half
- 1½ cup milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup OR 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- If using cocoa powder, place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place cream and milk in a large saucepan over medium heat. Heat until steaming, but not boiling.
- Add sugar to the cream mixture and stir to combine.
- Add red food coloring and stir to combine. If using chocolate syrup, add it now as well, and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
- If using cocoa powder, pour the hot milk mixture over cocoa powder and stir vigorously to fully combine.
- Place in containers with lids, and refrigerate.
If you liked this Homemade Red Velvet Coffee Creamer recipe, you might also like
Homemade Cinnamon Dolce Coffee Creamer
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.