Rolo Pretzels are a simple salty-sweet chocolate and caramel treat! These little candies are so easy to make with just 3 ingredients! They're easy to make, make ahead, store, and freeze, and they go FAST at every occasion!
Rolo Pretzels are a super easy 3 ingredient sweet candy treat. They're made with pretzels, Rolos, and M&M's, so you get that salted caramel and chocolate taste from the salty-sweet combo.
I love to make these for holidays and birthday parties because I love to customize the colors for the festivity! This weekend is my son's birthday party with primary colors (and choo choo trains!), so we're making these with red, blue, and yellow M&M's. For Christmas, we use red and green. And you can use pastels for Easter or a unicorn party. the possibilities are endless.
Rolo Pretzels are also incredibly easy to make, make ahead, store, and even freeze! My kids love to help unwrap the Rolos and press the M&Ms on. They're really that easy.
Salty, sweet, and crunchy Rolo pretzels are the perfect crowd-pleasing treat!
What Pretzels Should I Use?
My favorite pretzels to use are the "snaps" or square-shaped waffle pretzels. You can also use the classic twist pretzels or even the minis.
Rolo Pretzel Variations
With very few ingredients in these tasty little treats, there's not a whole lot to change. Even still, here are some ways to add some variety.
- M&M's: These candies come in SO MANY flavors now! You can pretty much choose any flavor or color you'd like to adorn these tasty treats.
- Sprinkles: Decorate your Rolo pretzels to celebrate the holiday or occasion by sprinkling on some fun colored sprinkles while the chocolate is still melty.
- Sandwich: Instead of adding an M&M on top, you can add another pretzel to make a pretzel sandwich situation.
- Chocolates: Instead of Rolos, Hershey's Kisses or Hugs can also be used in any flavor that you'd like.
Can I Freeze Rolo Pretzels?
Yes, these actually can be frozen. Be aware that it can alter the shiny appearance of the chocolate and the M&M when they thaw.
To freeze, allow your Rolo pretzels to set first. Place them flat on a baking sheet and allow to freeze without touching for about 30 minutes to an hour. Then transfer them to a freezer container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw on the counter at room temperature before eating or serving.
More Super Easy Dessert Recipes You'll Love
- Caramelitas - Gooey, melty caramel and chocolate between sweet and crispy oat layers. These bars are easy to make and so decadent.
- Rolo Pretzel Turtles - another version of Rolo pretzels, this time inspired from turtle candies and include pecans.
- Microwave Caramels - Did you know you can make homemade caramel in the microwave?! It's so easy, and you need just a few ingredients to make from-scratch caramel candies.
- 2-Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge - The easiest fudge you will ever make, and no one will know you took this simple shortcut. Because it's so good! My kids are always asking me to buy the 2 ingredients for this recipe so they can make themselves a treat.
- Butterscotch Blondies - gooey, sweet blondies with butterscotch chips for a delicious spin on traditional chewy, soft blondies.
Rolo Pretzels Video
- 36 square pretzels (or mini pretzel twists)
- 36 Rolos unwrapped
- 36 M&M's
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Place pretzels flat in one layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place a Rolo on top of each pretzel.
- Bake for 2 to 3 minutes until Rolos are soft, but not completely melted.
- Remove from the oven, and gently press an M&M onto each Rolo pretzel.
- Let set until firm.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to a week.
- Freezer Directions: Allow to set. Place them flat on a baking sheet and allow to freeze without touching for about 30 minutes to an hour. Then transfer to a freezer container and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw on the counter at room temperature before eating.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!