Creamy, smooth 2 Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge that you can make in the microwave in about 5 minutes with just 2 ingredients! So little work, so much delicious!
2 Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge
Lately my kids have been super into making food for themselves. Since I don’t like them using the stove or oven without supervision quite yet, they’ve taken to the microwave. And since one of their all-time favorite treats is peanut butter fudge, we found a way for them to cook it up themselves. In the microwave! With just 2 ingredients!
2 Ingredient Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge is easy to make but also creamy, smooth, and delicious.
This recipe is so simple that you really can’t mess up. Only two ingredients a container of pre-made vanilla frosting and a jar of peanut butter.
Can I Use Any Frosting?
No. Plain vanilla frosting works best in my opinion. You can try other flavors of frosting that might go well with peanut butter, such as a plain chocolate.
Stay away from whipped frostings, as they’re the wrong consistency. The fudge won’t set properly if you used whipped. I also personally did not care for the flavor of cream cheese frosting with the peanut butter, but the consistency was okay.
What Can I Add to 2 Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge?
This 2 ingredient peanut butter fudge is delicious on its own. If you’d like to add a little extra flavor or some garnishes on top, sprinkle some of these ideas on top, then gently press in before the fudge sets.
- Oreo pieces
- Chopped almonds or peanuts
- Festive sprinkles
- Chocolate chips
More Easy Dessert Recipes You’ll Love
- Cookies and Cream Fudge – creamy white fudge packed with Oreo pieces for classic cookies and cream flavor.
- Mint White Chocolate Fudge – white chocolate fudge with a fresh minty flavor.
- Scotcheroos – no bake peanut butter bars topped with chocolate and butterscotch.
- Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars – sugar cookies with no rolling out! Bake in a pan and top with buttercream and sprinkles.
- Mint Chocolate Bark – quick and simple, but minty and delicious!
Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1 can vanilla frosting (16 ounces)
- 1 jar peanut butter (crunchy or creamy) (18 ounces)
- Empty entire jars of vanilla frosting and peanut butter into a large microwave-safe mixing bowl.
- Place in microwave and heat for about 60 seconds or until melted. Mix well.
- Quickly pour the mixture into a 9×9 pan lined with foil.
- Allow fudge to set, cut into small squares, and enjoy!
- Use creamy peanut butter, NOT natural. The natural peanut butter is too runny and will not set properly.
- Stay away from whipped frostings. The whipped frostings are not the right consistency, and again will not allow the fudge to set properly.
- Add any garnishes or add-ins right away before it sets or it won’t stick.
- A glass pan is easiest, but any pan lined with foil will work.
UPDATE INFO: This recipe was originally published in October 2018. It has been updated with new pictures and video and republished in November 2019.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!