Unbelievably delicious and EASY Strawberry Heart Cookies drizzled in chocolate and made with just 5 ingredients! They're easy to make because they start from cake mix!
Strawberry Heart Cookies
Time for a little Valentine's Day treat! What makes you think of Valentine's Day if not chocolate, strawberries, and hearts?! I have a little of each today in these Valentine's Day Strawberry Heart Cookies. These cookies are adorable, and they taste like Valentine's Day with their classic chocolate strawberry flavor. Sweet but fruity strawberry cookies drizzled in rich, decadent chocolate.
Would you believe me if I told you that you could have these cookies for yourself in less than half an hour with just FIVE ingredients?! Well, it's true! Some other supplies you'll need to make your own Strawberry Heart Cookies are a small sandwich baggie, kitchen scissors, a 2-inch cookie scoop, and a small heart shaped cookie cutter (I used the one in the link!). Just mix together some strawberry cake mix, a little extra flour, eggs, and oil. Scoop the dough onto a cookie sheet 3-inches apart, and bake! Cut each cookie into a heart, and drizzle chocolate on top.
DO follow the chocolate melting instructions exactly. If you microwave the chocolate too long, it will seize up and burn, making you start all over! So just microwave in short 30 second bursts and stir, stir, stir!
Strawberry Heart Cookies Recipe
Strawberry Heart Cookies
- 1 box of strawberry cake mix any brand
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, flour, eggs and vegetable oil, mixing well.
- Use a 2" cookie scoop to scoop the cookies and use your hand to gently roll into balls. Place the cookie dough about 2-3" a part on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until cooked through and very lightly browned around the edges.
- Allow to cool.
- Once cookies have cooled, use the small heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out each cookie into the shape of a heart. Set on a large sheet of wax paper.
- Place chocolate chips into a microwave safe dish. Heat the chocolates in 30 second increments, stirring between each interval, until melted.
- Scoop the melted chocolate into the small sandwich baggy and seal.
- Snip one corner of the baggy with scissors.
- Gently squeeze the chocolate out of the baggie drizzling melted chocolate over cookies.
- Allow chocolate to set until hardened before transferring cookies to a baggy or air-tight container for storage.
If you liked this Strawberry Heart Cookies recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.