Whether you're Spring cleaning or just running a busy schedule, use these 5 simple tips to help clean your kitchen faster!
5 Tips to Help Clean Your Kitchen Faster
Likely the area of the house that gets cleaned the most is the kitchen. That's for a good reason, as a kitchen needs to stay clean to be safe and sanitary. Unfortunately, that can lead to a lot of extra time spent cleaning. If you'd like to speed up your kitchen cleaning time, you need these 5 Tips to Help Clean Your Kitchen Faster!
Tips to Help Clean Your Kitchen Faster
1. Do a Little Often - If you want to clean your kitchen faster, then you need to clean it more often! This may sound horrible, but that's only if you're thinking you need to deep clean your kitchen all the time. In reality, all you need to do is wipe your kitchen down after meals and keep the sink empty by continually loading the dishwasher. This will prevent crumbs, spills, and dirty plates from adding up during the day, allowing you to have a quicker clean session at night. This also makes it so that when you go to do your weekly deep clean, there's no caked on food from earlier in the week that you'll need to scrape off your counters!
2. Get Your Supplies Ready - It's hard to clean if you don't have your supplies nearby! Whether you're just doing your typical after-meal kitchen cleanup, or you're doing a deep clean, you need to make sure you have everything you need close by. Gather your sponges, your soap, cleaning rags, disinfecting spray, etc. first and keep them on a counter nearby. Then you can just grab and clean without any interruption!
3. Work from Top to Bottom - An easy way to spend too much time cleaning the kitchen is to clean in the wrong order. You may want to wash the floor first to get it out of the way, but then you've got to wait for it to dry before you can continue! On top of that, you'll likely brush crumbs onto it as soon as you start cleaning the counters, making it so that you have to vacuum the floor again! That's very inefficient. To clean your kitchen faster, you should work from top to bottom. Wipe down your upper cabinets (and any possible cobwebs on the ceiling) first, then clean your sink and counters, then your lower cabinets, and clean your floor last.
4. Don't Do it All at Once - If you're hoping to deep clean your kitchen all in one day, that's probably overambitious. You'll wind up getting tired, unmotivated, and probably distracted. As a result, the whole cleaning session will take longer. Instead, do one big cleaning task a day or every few days, whatever works best for you. You won't get as tired so you'll be able to clean fast, and in the end your kitchen will be just as clean! If necessary, write down your cleaning schedule so you don't forget what you want to do, or find a printable one online!
5. Take Advantage of Non-Homemade Meals - Likely your family isn't going to eat a homemade meal 100% of the time. On the days that you go out to eat or get food delivered, take advantage of the lack of dishes. Use the time you normally would have spent doing dishes on doing some other less common cleaning task instead. Maybe clean the microwave or polish the sink. This will check tasks off your cleaning schedule, allowing you to clean your kitchen faster during your next main cleaning session!
How do you speed up your kitchen cleaning process?
If you liked these Tips to Help Clean Your Kitchen Faster, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.