Don't let the chilly weather put out your flames! Keep the fire burning and the romance alive with these 14 Winter Date Night Ideas!
Winter Date Night Ideas
At first glance it may seem like winter is a yucky time to try and plan a date night. With a little creativity you can turn those long cold nights into a fun and exciting date with your sweetheart! You can even take some of your favorite summer date nights and turn them into a chilly winter version. Don’t be afraid to step outside your comfort zone when planning a winter date night. Something new and unusual will set you apart from others and surprise your special someone! Hopefully these winter date night ideas will help you plan a special evening with your significant other.
14 Winter Date Night Ideas
1. Ice Skating and Winter Events - Take the chance to go see any ice shows, sculpture events, or even just an opportunity to go ice skating! These are activities that you can only do during the winter. So don't miss your chance at some fun just because it's chilly! If you have never been to an ice sculpture event, ice skating, or an ice show you can use the opportunity to try something new and exciting! If you don’t like these winter based activities but your significant other does, remember that they’re only here once a year, and you could really show them how much you care by offering to do something they enjoy!
2. Fireplace S’mores - If you can’t venture out because of the wintery weather, stay in and make some fireplace s’mores! It’s such a fun activity and it pairs well with a dinner at home. You don’t have to worry about planning an activity because you can spend some time together in front of the fireplace chatting and making your dessert. If you don’t have a fireplace, never fear! You can use the stove-top on a gas range or even make your own version in the oven or the microwave! If you have an outdoor fireplace you can brave the weather and make some s’mores while bundled up outside!
3. Board Game Night - Break out Scrabble, Yahtzee, cards, and all your other favorite games. Competing and challenging each other will bring a new sizzle and bond to the relationship. Plus, you don’t have to go out of your way in order to have a successful game night with a group. Simple snacks, oven pizzas, or even takeout for delivery, make a perfect dinner option for game nights!
4. Play in the Snow - It's not just for kids! Grab your skates, your sleigh, and your mittens; get all your snow gear on and head outside! Have a snowball fight, make some snow angels, find a snowy hill and go for a ride. Acting like young kids can be a great winter date night idea. You will be so busy laughing that you'll forget about the cold and all the stress of the day. Not to mention that a snowball fight is the perfect way to sort out any aggressions you might be harboring!
5. Indoor Picnic - Picnics aren't just for warm weather! Spread out a blanket on your floor (bonus points if it's in front of a fireplace!), make some simple picnic foods, and spend some time chatting and catching up. Just a change in scenery can make all the difference!
6. Try a New Restaurant - Tempting as it may be, skip your "same old" restaurant for date night, and head to a new, different, or exciting venue. Or try a fun one like Medieval Times. Nothing will get you warmer than an adrenaline spike from a new and exciting place!
7. Cozy Cabin Get Away - It's tempting to get away to warm beaches and sand when it gets chilly, but a close-quarters winter cabin is just as nice, and a bit more intimate.
8. Spa Day - Because you know nothing sounds better right now that a hot sauna, a relaxing massage, and a warm dip in the hot tub.
9. Go Bowling - Some physical activity will get your blood pumping! It doesn't matter if you're not good at it! It will be all the more fun with all the laughing.
10. Get Cooking - Get in the kitchen and spice things up by cooking up a hot meal together!
11. Visit a Museum or Aquarium - A more classic date, but a great indoors option for winter. For some extra fun, grab your camera, and pretend you're tourists. Take lots of pictures, and look at things with fresh eyes.
12. Catch a Hockey Game - Even if hockey's not your favorite, the fun, exciting atmosphere makes for an amazing time. Plus, your man will love you for it.
13. Video Game Competition - Get out your controllers and favorite video games, and spend the night in a little friendly competition.
14. Netflix Marathon - If none of these ideas appeal to you, remember that you always have the classic, modern, option of “Netflix and chill”. Grab your favorite snacks and snuggle up in front of a goofy movie or binge watch a season of your favorite show.
What is your favorite winter date night idea? Do you avoid the weather and opt for indoor activities or do you brave the cold to enjoy the season?
If you liked these Winter Date Night Ideas, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Photo credits: DollarPhotoClub.com