Traditional Apple Pie recipe that won’t disappoint. Classic sweet apple pie filling in a flaky pie crust topped with a glaze makes this pie unforgettable.
Traditional Apple Pie
Time for a classic! Traditional Apple Pie is such an important of Fall, isn’t it? Everyone needs a go-to apple pie recipe to keep them going through the season, and all through the holidays! And I assure you, this traditional apple pie won’t disappoint. The secret to this pie is preparing the filling and the sweet glaze on top!
New to the pie-making scene? Here are some helpful Pie Making Resources to make sure all your pies come out perfect and delicious!
- Easy No Fail Pie Crust Recipe – this easy pie crust recipe comes out perfect Every. Time. It’s my grandma’s recipe, and it’s never failed me yet!
- Rolling Out Pie Crust Tutorial – If rolling out your own homemade pie crust makes you nervous, stop right now! This easy step-by-step tutorial will tell you exactly what to do for a perfect pie crust!
- Pretty Ways to Finish Pie Crust Edges – There are so many ways to finish pie crust once you’re done rolling it out to make a truly special pie. Try some of these easy and fun ones this year!
- Must Have Pie Making Supplies – If you love pies, you need these tools so you can make them all the time at home!
Traditional Apple Pie Recipe
- 1 recipe for a 9 inch double crust pie (Try my Easy No-Fail Pie Crust Recipe)
- ½ cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 6-8 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- Place the bottom crust in your greased 9-inch pie pan. Set aside.
- Place apples in a large mixing bowl. Set aside
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste.
- Add water, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Reserve 2-3 tablespoons sugar mixture. Then toss remaining sugar mixture with apples. Toss or gently stir to fully coat apples.
- Fill pie pan with sliced apples.
- Cover with a lattice work crust. (You can also use a traditional one-piece crust top, BUT make sure you have large open slits cut for the next step to work properly)
- With a pastry brush, brush the remaining sugar mixture evenly over the crust.
- Bake in a 350° oven for about an hour, or until apple are soft and crust is golden. If you notice your crust is getting too brown, cover with foil and continue baking.
Did you like this Traditional Apple Pie Recipe? Find more on my Desserts, Falling for Fall, and Thanksgiving boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Traditional Apple Pie Recipe, you might also like
See More Pie Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.