These moist Carrot Cake Cupcakes with classic cream cheese frosting are delicious, rich, and moist. Truly the best carrot cake I’ve ever had.
Moist Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
It’s getting to be almost Easter-time, with all things bunnies, carrots, and eggs! So I wanted to share a classic moist carrot cake cupcakes recipe with you today! Moist carrot cake cupcakes are a simple treat, but they’re still packed with delicious-ness and Easter spirit.
I adapted this recipe from Southern Living. They called their recipe “Best Carrot Cake.” And, boy! They weren’t kidding! This is truly the best carrot cake I have ever tasted. It’s moist, sweet, and flavorful! I think the trick is the buttermilk! This recipe has a lot of buttermilk in it, but don’t fret if you don’t have any on hand! I have this super easy Buttermilk Substitute that does the trick (In fact, I used it for the cupcakes pictured here, and they turned out fabulous!).
Before we get down to business, I just wanted to make a note about the carrots. Make sure they are finely shredded. I processed my carrots to make sure they were fine crumbs. Don’t process too much. You don’t want puree, just teeny tiny pieces. Because there’s nothing worse than a salad masquerading as a cupcake! Am I right?!
When the moist carrot cake cupcakes are cooled, you can frost them with this cream cheese frosting recipe I used for my Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes, just omit the graham crackers. It’s a very stiff cream cheese frosting, so you can pipe it, if you’d like, and it will stay pretty for you. Please note that cream cheese frosting does need to be refrigerated!
Moist Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 3 large carrots, finely grated or processed (about 2 cups)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- See my cream cheese frosting recipe here! Just leave out the graham crackers!
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, buttermilk, and vanilla with a mixer until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in carrots, pineapple, and pecans to incorporate.
- Line a lightly greased muffin tin with cupcake liners. Fill each cup ⅔ of the way with batter.
- Bake in 350° oven for 15-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes are baking, mix together sugar, baking soda, buttermilk, butter, and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, and allow to boil for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla
- Pour about a tablespoon of the glaze over each warm cupcake.
- Allow cupcakes to cool and glaze to set.
- When the carrot cake cupcakes are cooled, you can frost them with this cream cheese frosting recipe I used for my Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes, just omit the graham crackers. It's a very stiff cream cheese frosting, so you can pipe it, if you'd like, and it will stay pretty for you. Please note that cream cheese frosting does need to be refrigerated!
Did you like this Moist Carrot Cake Cupcakes recipe? Find more on my Cakes & Cupcakes, Easter, and Desserts boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Moist Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.