Coffee Toffee Muffins- Simple wake-me-up breakfast, with sweet chocolate toffee bits and coffee mixed right into the batter. Have your coffee and eat it too!
Coffee Toffee Muffins
I am totally NOT a morning person. So the idea of breakfast and my caffeine fix all in one with these Coffee Toffee Muffins sounds like heaven!
A couple things to keep in mind, though. Muffins are a quick bread, so they’re kind of touchy. The less you handle the batter, the better. So mix or stir as little as possible to still get the job done. Also, if you
are forced to want to share with any littles at your house, consider using de-caffeinated coffee granules to keep the flavor. I’m not sure how much caffeine is in one tablespoon of coffee, but I am sure that my kids don’t need any more energy!
Coffee Toffee Muffins Recipe
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 package chocolate toffee bits (8 ounces)
- In a small bowl or cup, dissolve coffee granules with water. Stir and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating just until blended.
- Add coffee mixture to butter mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add a third of the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Stir until combined. Then add half of your milk and stir to combine. Repeat until all the flour mixture and milk are stirred in. You should start and end with adding the flour mixture. Beat on low until everything is combined.
- Fold in toffee bits.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pans and bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes.
Did you like this Coffee Toffee Muffins Recipe? Find more on my Breakfast and Cakes & Cupcakes boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Coffee Toffee Muffins Recipe, you might also like
Browse All Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.