Homemade Ranch Dressing from Scratch is a heavenly topping for your green salad or dipping sauce for your favorite snacks or wings.
Homemade Ranch Dressing from Scratch
Making your own sauces and dressings is always the best route. They taste so much better, and you can adjust the herbs, spices, and ingredients exactly to your taste buds’ preferences.
This Homemade Ranch Dressing from Scratch is no different. It’s totally delicious and customize-able at the same time. I do want to encourage you to make sure your herbs are finely minced, or even processed, especially if you’re used to a smooth creamy ranch sauce. The chunky texture that coarsely chopped herbs will give is not really ideal.
Homemade Ranch Dressing from Scratch is perfect for salads, or a dipping sauce for your favorite snacks or wings.
Homemade Ranch Dressing from Scratch Recipe
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 medium garlic clove
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons finely minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh finely minced chives
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne
- Chop garlic clove. Sprinkle with salt to soften, and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream, buttermilk, mayo, and vinegar. Set aside.
- With a fork, mash garlic into a paste. Add to to the sour cream and buttermilk mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Transfer to a jar or bowl with a lid, and refrigerate for at least an hour (I like to let mine sit for a full 24 hours first. The flavors combine better).
- Serve on your favorite salad or as a dipping sauce. If you find the it's too thick, you can add more buttermilk.
Did you like this Homemade Ranch Dressing from Scratch recipe? Find more on my Dip It! and In the Kitchen boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Homemade Ranch Dressing from Scratch recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.