Zesty and sweet Lemon Oreo Truffles covered in creamy white chocolate are a super easy dessert recipe that's no bake and a guaranteed hit!
Lemon Oreo Truffles
Well, it's official. Officially Spring, that is. And I wanted to start the season out right with a fresh zesty lemon dessert recipe. In the forethought (probably still fore-hope at this point...) of warm weather, this lemony delicious dessert of the day is a simple no bake recipe, too.
Let's talk about these Lemon Oreo Truffles. They're sweet, fresh, zesty, and lemony. The white chocolate coating adds just the right amount of creamy sweetness to have you begging for more.
To make this Lemon Oreo Truffles recipe, you'll want to have a food processor. We have this cheap one from Amazon for 4 years now, and it still works (plus I still love it). Once you have your handy dandy food processor, this recipe is a breeze to make. You'll throw in your lemon Oreo cookies and process until they're fine crumbs, taking out ¼ cup if you want to use it as sprinkles later. You can also sub the lemon Oreos for golden Oreos, but then you should double the amount of lemon juice and lemon zest to make sure you still have that lemon kick to your taste buds.
Once your Oreos are crumbs, add the cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla, and process again until smooth. Next you'll roll the truffle dough into balls. I use a cookie scoop to make sure all the balls are the same size. If your dough is very sticky and hard to work with, try refrigerating it for 15-30 minutes, then try again.
Once you have all of your dough rolled into balls and placed on a baking sheet on a piece of wax paper, you will need to chill it for about 30 minutes to make sure they don't melt when you dip them into the hot chocolate.
After chilling, place the white chocolate and coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl and melt in 30 second increments until totally melted and smooth. Dip each truffle ball into the chocolate, and place it back on the wax paper to set. You can sprinkle it with sprinkles or reserved cookie crumbs Be sure to add the sprinkles right away or the chocolate will set before you get a chance and they won't stick!
Enjoy these treats at a shower, party, or just because. Happy Spring!
Lemon Oreo Truffles Recipe
Lemon Oreo Truffles
- 1 package Lemon Oreo Cookies about 30 cookies
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package 12 oz white candy melts or white chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil or shortening
- Use a food processor to process all cookies into fine crumbs. Reserve ¼ cup crumbs.
- Add cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla to the processor and process until fully combined.
- Use a portion scoop to scoop into tablespoon size balls or roll individually by hand. Place on wax paper and into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place about half of the bag of candy melts and shortening or coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave in 30 second increment, stirring between each interval, until melted and smooth
- Dip balls into chocolate with a fork and coat evenly. Place onto wax paper and sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- If necessary, heat the remaining candy melts with an additional ½ teaspoon shortening or coconut oil once the first bowl is gone and dip remaining truffles into chocolate.
If you liked this Lemon Oreo Truffles Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.