Take your coffee to the next scrumptiously sweet level with this Homemade Salted Coffee Creamer recipe with all the sweetness of salted caramel right in your coffee.
Homemade Salted Caramel Coffee Creamer
Two homemade coffee creamer recipes in one month, you ask? Yes, it’s true. I’d apologize, but this Homemade Salted Caramel Coffee Creamer is worth it, I assure you.
I absolutely adore caramel in my coffee. I don’t know why. It’s an obsession of mine. Like pumpkin, but all year long. And salted caramel is so popular right now (and for good reason, I might add), I just thought this would be perfect. And it is.
Do you know why salted caramel is delicious? It’s because salt is kind of magical. Because, yeah, salt is salty. But it can also bring out other flavors as well. Whenever someone tells me their recipe didn’t turn out because it just tasted kind of “off,” I always suspect lack of salt is the culprit. It just does so much to help with flavor! If you’re not adding salt to recipes, definitely start. Even baked goods. I just always use salted butter so I don’t have to measure it out (Ha! Lazy, much?)
Anyway, there are TWO special cooking properties of salt that make this Homemade Salted Caramel Coffee Creamer fabulous.
- Salt cuts down bitterness. Since coffee is bitter, this is a good (and tasty!) thing.
- It can also help bring out sweetness, making salted caramel even better than your average caramel.
And so we combine these two tasty elements into one coffee creamer that I just know you’ll love as much as me!
Homemade Salted Caramel Coffee Creamer Recipe
- 1½ cups half and half
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel topping
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan, heat your cream and milk over medium-high heat.
- When the milk mixture is hot, but not boiling, add your sugar and stir to combine.
- Add the caramel and salt, and whisk to combine until smooth and creamy.
- Remove mixture from heat and add in the vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Pour into a container, and refrigerate until you are ready to use it. This can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
If you liked this Homemade Salted Caramel Coffee Creamer Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.