Pepperoni Pizza Cheeseburger recipe is a fun twist on your traditional hamburgers. Tasty ingredients including pepperoni, pizza sauce, Italian seasonings, and lots of gooey, melty cheese.
Pepperoni Pizza Cheeseburger
Here at the Gracious House, we love to grill during the summer. Not only does grilling lend itself to frugal meals, but it gives us a chance to be outside enjoying the weather more. We mostly like to grill the traditional foods, like hamburgers, hot dogs, sausage, or chicken. But that can get boring after a while, so I like to spice things up by putting some fun twists on old family favorites. Last year I shared a way to switch up your hamburgers with my Pineapple Teriyaki Burgers with Spicy Mayo, and today I’d like to share another fun way to change up your burgers. Pepperoni Pizza Cheeseburgers!
This Pepperoni Pizza Cheeseburger Recipe is like eating pizza on a bun! Hamburgers with pepperoni, pizza sauce, Italian seasonings, and lots of melty cheese. It’s sure to be a hit with the whole family!
The sky is the limit with toppings on this pepperoni pizza cheeseburger! We topped our burgers with additional pizza sauce and pepperoni, plus some provolone cheese. But you can mix it up with tomatoes, peppers, olives, mushrooms,… If you can put it on a pizza, you can put it on this burger!
Pepperoni Pizza Cheeseburger Recipe
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (7 ounce) package pepperoni, chopped
- ¼ cup pizza sauce (plus more for topping)
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 4-8 hamburger buns
- Optional: toppings including additional pizza sauce, mozzarella or provolone cheese, additional pepperoni, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, or any of your other favorite pizza toppings
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients, except buns and toppings.
- Gently mix together until all ingredients are incorporated. I like to use my hands for this part (washed thoroughly before and after, of course)
- Form your meat mixture into balls, then press into circular patties. How big you want your patties will determine how many you can make.
- Place your patties on your preheated and hot grill. Cook on the first side until you start to see juices build up on the top, about 4-7 minutes
- Flip your patties and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until patties are cooked through to your liking. If you're using cheese, add it now.
- Place warm hamburgers on buns and top with your delicious pizza toppings.
Did you like this Pepperoni Pizza Cheeseburger recipe? Find more on my Main Dishes, Salads & Side Dishes, and Summer Days boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Pepperoni Pizza Cheeseburger Recipe you might also like:
Browse All Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.