Crispy Air Fryer Zucchini Chips are coated in a Parmesan-breadcrumb coating and air fried to golden perfection without the mess of oil. Serve as a snack or appetizer with your favorite dipping sauce.
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
Air Fryer Zucchini feature slices of fresh zucchini coated in a parmesan and bread crumb coating and air fried to warm, golden, crispy perfection.
These breaded zucchini chips are easy to make with just a few simple ingredients and none of the mess from frying oil. The perfect fun way to cook fresh summer zucchini.
How to Keep Air Fryer Zucchini Chips from Getting Soggy
If your zucchini chips are soggy right away, it's likely that they were not cooked long enough or high enough.
If your zucchini chips are becoming soggy after sitting, that's normal. As with all fried foods, as they sit, they're steaming themself from within and slowly developing a softer exterior.
The best way to counteract this is to serve them right away!
If your air fryer zucchini chips have gotten soggy and you'd like to crisp them up, pop them back in the air fryer for another 1 to 3 minutes until they are crisp again.
Serving, Reheating and Freezing Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
How to Serve Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
Air fryer zucchini chips can be served as an appetizer, snack, or even a side dish.
Serve them with your favorite sauce such as marinara, ranch, or remoulade.
How to Reheat Leftovers
Reheat leftovers in the air fryer for about 3 minutes at 380°F, or until warm through and crisp.
Reheating them in the air fryer will allow to crisp back up. Alternately, you can reheat in the microwave, but they will be very soft.
How to Freeze
Prepare zucchini chips to recipe instructions. Air fry them for the first 8 minutes. Instead of flipping, transfer them to a parchment paper lined baking sheet in one even layer.
Freeze for 2 hours on the baking sheet. Then transfer to a freezer bag or container and freeze for up to 3 months.
When ready to serve, place in the air fryer at 380°F for 8 minutes. If not crispy and warm all the way through, air fry for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
More Zucchini Recipes You'll Love
- Taco Zucchini Boats - seasoned taco meat and black beans stuffed in a fresh zucchini boat. Top with your favorite taco toppings for a complete meal.
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters - classic crispy zucchini fritters made with fresh zucchini and cooked to golden perfection in the air fryer with no messy oil
- Sauteed Zucchini and Squash- my favorite summer side dish because it's easy to make and packed with fresh veggies and tons of flavor.
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries - a crispy fry version of air fried zucchini
- Zucchini and Corn Fritters - classic fritters loaded with zucchini and corn with added fresh herbs and cheese.
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips Video
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- 2 large zucchinis sliced about ⅛-inch thick
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup traditional bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- Add the flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a small, shallow bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the milk and egg and whisk until fully combined. Set aside.
- In a third bowl, combine the panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Dip each zucchini slice into the flour mixture, followed by the egg mixture, and then the bread crumb mixture, pressing gently to coat.
- Add the zucchini to the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook at 380°F for 8 minutes. Flip. Then air fry at 380°F for an additional 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce, if desired.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce such as marinara, ranch, or remoulade.
- Storage: Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the air fryer at 380°F for about 3 minutes, or until warmed through and crispy.
- Freezer Directions: Prepare zucchini chips to recipe instructions. Air fry for the first 8 minutes. Instead of flipping, transfer them to a parchment paper lined baking sheet in one even layer. Freeze for 2 hours on the baking sheet. Then transfer to a freezer bag or container, and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, place in the air fryer at 380°F for 8 minutes. If not crispy and warm all the way through, air fry for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!