This stunning summer fruit crumble has it all! Blueberry Peach Crumble is bursting with fresh blueberries and peaches and covered with an amazing buttery cinnamon and brown sugar oatmeal crumble for a tangy, sweet, and fresh dessert. A big scoop of cold creamy vanilla ice cream on top is a must!
Blueberry Peach Crumble
Blueberry Season! Who’s excited?! We go blueberry picking at a local farm every year, and it is so much fun. We always bring home loads of fresh blueberries to use in our favorite recipes, like my grandma’s recipe for perfect blueberry muffins, classic blueberry buckle, and blueberry maple syrup, which makes an amazing ice cream topping.
Unfortunately, we still have to wait an entire month for blueberry picking! To pass the time, I wanted to share a recipe that we tried out with our blueberry bounty last year that turned out mouthwateringly delicious. Blueberry Peach Crumble is made with fresh blueberries and peaches and cinnamon with a brown sugar, cinnamon, and oat crumble topping. It makes such a tangy, sweet, and fresh treat. We just couldn’t get enough!
The one intimidating part of this recipe might be using a pastry cutter. Even if you’ve never used one, it’s still really simple. You’re just trying to cut together the butter and sugar mixture to make it crumbly and combined. You can also use a fork or criss-cross two knives to get the same effect.
Be sure to top you Blueberry Peach Crumble with a scoop of creamy, cold vanilla ice cream to really make the dessert!
Blueberry Peach Crumble Recipe
Blueberry Peach Crumble
- 2 cups blueberries about 0.5 pound
- 3-4 ripe peaches peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Crumble Topping
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 1/3 cup butter thinly sliced
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cornstarch, brown sugar, lemon zest, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Whisk together.
- Add blueberries, peaches, lemon juice, and vanilla to the mixing bowl. Toss to fully coat fruit in the starch-sugar mixture.
- Transfer blueberry peach crumble filling to a 9"x9" baking dish or a deep 9-inch pie dish. Set aside.
- To assemble the crumble topping, place all crumble ingredients in a mixing bowl except butter. Stir to combine.
- Cut in butter with a fork or pastry cutter until mixture forms pea-sized lumps.
- Sprinkle crumble topping on top of blueberry peach filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, until filling is bubbly and crumble is browned.
- Serve warm topped with ice cream.
Did you like this Blueberry Peach Crumble Recipe? Find more on my Desserts board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Blueberry Peach Crumble Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.